Kmart, Best Buy, ANN INC., Kay® Jewelers, Domino’s, Williams-Sonoma, Inc., HomeGoods and Others Unite To Help End Childhood Cancer
Now in its twelfth year, the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign has transformed the holiday season into a time of giving thanks by raising awareness and funds for the ongoing battle to end childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The campaign unites celebrities, media, retail and corporate partners in asking consumers to donate while they shop and support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Founded by the late actor/entertainer Danny Thomas, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. It is the only NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE-designated COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER devoted solely to children. Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to 80 percent since the hospital opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent, and they won’t stop until no child dies from cancer. St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
What began as a holiday-focused fundraising effort by St. Jude has now grown into an annual tradition that has raised more than $588 million. These funds support St. Jude’s mission to provide cutting-edge treatment and pursue visionary research.
“We are deeply grateful for the outpouring of support we receive year after year during the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign,” said Marlo Thomas, National Outreach Director for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. “Throughout the holiday season people open their hearts to the children of St. Jude and as a result, our doctors and scientists can continue their groundbreaking research and pioneering procedures that help us achieve our landmark survival rates. And, we are able to continue to ensure that no family pays St. Jude for anything – not for treatment, travel, housing or food – because we believe all a family should worry about is helping their child live.“
Beginning in November and running through the end of December, consumers can support St. Jude while they shop at a variety of businesses representing a cross-section of premier brands in retail, restaurant, travel, hospitality, media and beyond. Top returning campaign partners include Kmart, Best Buy, ANN INC., Kay® Jewelers, Domino’s, Williams-Sonoma, Inc.; HomeGoods, New York & Company, AutoZone, Brooks Brothers, GNC, Dollar General, Claire’s, Carnival Cruise Line, Justice, HSN, Marshalls, Chili’s® Grill & Bar; and Mazda, to name a few.
“Kmart’s long history of success in supporting charitable causes is due to the generosity of our Shop Your Way members, customers and associates. We’re proud of the impact our results have made for the families of St. Jude and thankful to St. Jude for its tireless work to defeat cancer and other diseases in children. St. Jude made holiday shopping at Kmart more rewarding and we’re excited to support an organization that clearly means so much to our members,” said Alasdair James, President and Chief Member Officer at Kmart.
This year, St. Jude partners are expanding and supporting the campaign in a variety of ways – from in-store fundraising to unique cross-promotions, events and online/mobile features.
“It is Best Buy’s privilege to partner in the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign, by making it convenient for our customers to give back while shopping in stores and online during the holidays,” said Sharon McCollam, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Financial Officer at Best Buy. “By adding options to give through our credit card signature pads last year, we made it easier for customers to contribute during the checkout process. As a result of their generosity, we were able to contribute $9.7 million last year, and hope to do even more this year to support the children and families served by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.“
OTHER PARTNER HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
Several partners are offering merchandise products during the holidays to benefit St. Jude including
– Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, HomeGoods, HSN, Kmart, New York & Company, The Limited, TUMI, Westfield, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and their portfolio of brands; to name a few.
– Kay® Jewelers will once again offer its popular plush animals benefitting St. Jude, this year featuring Travis and Trey.
– AutoZone, returning for its 10th year as a St. Jude Thanks and Giving partner, will continue to ask consumers to donate at checkout via the credit pad.
– Customers will be able to donate through a fully integrated online shopping cart at Best Buy, Ann Taylor, LOFT, Claire’s and ICING. In addition, customers will now be able to donate via the pin pad at the register at GameStop, The Limited, Crazy8 and Janie and Jack locations nationwide.
– eBay is giving its customers the opportunity to give at checkout during the week of December 7. During this time, customers can also bid on celebrity items that will benefit St. Jude.
– Domino’s will ask consumers to donate to St. Jude via walk-up, telephone, online and mobile orders, as well as the opportunity to purchase a St. Jude Meal Deal during the campaign timeframe. For each Meal Deal purchased, Domino’s will donate $1 to St. Jude.
– Stage Stores and St. Jude will be featured on the Balancing Act on Lifetime TV this holiday season.
– Party City has joined the campaign this year and customers can make a donation at nearly 600 stores nationwide or donate online during checkout. Continue reading