Condé Nast Traveler today announced the results of its 30th annual Readers’ Choice Awards, ranking the best hotels, resorts, cities, islands, airlines, airports, and cruise lines in the world. Over 300,000 readers submitted millions of ratings and tens of thousands of comments, voting on a record-breaking 7,320 hotels and resorts, 610 cities, 225 islands, 468 cruise ships, 158 airlines, and 195 airports–thereby creating our largest-ever list of Readers’ Choice Award winners. The Readers’ Choice Awards will be announced in the November issue of Condé Nast Traveler, on newsstands nationwide on October 24, 2017. (The full list is published exclusively online, at www.CNTraveler.com/rca.)
THE 2017 READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNERS:
- Top Large and Small U.S. Cities: Chicago for the first time ever and Charleston, S.C., for the seventh year in a row!
- Top Hotel in the U.S.: Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Top Resort in the U.S.: The Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga, Wyo.
- Top Island in the U.S.: Hilton Head, S.C.
- Top Island in the World: Boracay, Philippines
- Top Hotel in Europe: La Réserve Paris Hotel and Spa
- Top Hotel in South America: Fasano, São Paulo
- Top Airline in the World: Air New Zealand
- Top U.S. Airline: Virgin America
- Top U.S. Airport: Indianapolis (IND)
- Top Airport in the World: Singapore (SIN)
- Top Large Cruise Line: Disney Cruise Line
- Top Midsize Cruise Line: Crystal Cruises
- Top Small Cruise Line: Seabourn Cruise Line
- Top River Cruise Line: Viking River Cruises
- 83 million tourists went to France in 2016, making it the most popular country in the world to visit.
- 12 new hotels that opened in 2017 have already made it into this year’s Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Colorado is so popular that it now has its own hotel and resorts lists.
NEW TRAVEL TRENDS
- The popularity of holistic spa resorts is on the up, especially those that tap into their local surroundings.
- We’re aching for simplicity when we travel. Instead of multidestination, run-around-see-everything spots, we’re looking to kick back, relax, and enjoy the place.
- Smaller airports and secondary cities are both more popular than ever.