Renowned Onboard Enrichment Speakers Featured On The Innovative And Compelling Storytelling Platform
Crystal Cruises has launched a new podcast series titled, Crystal Storytellers, becoming the first cruise line to offer an enrichment series to audiences beyond its ships. The weekly exploration with some of the world’s most intriguing individuals and experts in entertainment, travel, politics, adventure and more builds upon Crystal’s renowned Crystal Visions Lecture Series featured aboardCrystal SymphonyandCrystal Serenity, bringing these enriching presentations to listeners around the world. The first episode from the inaugural season featuring Kathy Reichs, novelist and television producer of the hit series Bones, is currently available on the Crystal Insider blog, Spotify, Stitcher and TuneIn (available through the Alexa app).
Each episode of Crystal Storytellers features an expert guest speaker from a 2019 Crystal voyage in conversation with the ship’s Cruise Director about their respective areas of expertise, as well as highlights of their Crystal voyage and anecdotes about their careers and personal interests. These exclusive interviews vary in topic and perspective depending on the guest and are designed to capture the uniquely informative and engaging style presented aboard Crystal ships and leave listeners educated and entertained.
“Crystal’s comprehensive onboard enrichment program has long drawn praise from travelers around the world. The Storytellers podcast is a wonderful opportunity to bring the intriguing dialogue and perspectives presented on board to guests wherever they are in the world,” said Keith Cox, Crystal’s vice president of entertainment. “The podcast delivers innovative entertainment and education for listeners to further expand their interests, passions and general knowledge of the world.”
Every week listeners can expect to hear a new intimate conversational interview recorded aboard Crystal ships as they explore some of the world’s most remarkable destinations.
Featured in season one, guest speakers on Crystal Storytellers include:
- Kathy Reichs: Novelist and television producer of the hit series, Bones;
- Bruce McGill: American actor known for his memorable roles in both film and television including National Lampoon’s Animal House;
- General Anthony Zinni: Retired United States Marine Corps Four Star General, former Commander in Chief for the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) and former special envoy to Israel and the Palestinian Authority;
- Melissa Manchester: Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actress;
- Michelle Lee: Performer, philanthropist, award winning actress, singer, director and producer;
- Scott Kelly: Former military fighter and test pilot, engineer, retired astronaut, former commander of the International Space Station and retired U.S. Navy captain;
- Ken Walsh: Notable journalist, author and historian;
- Sir Michael Burton: Former member of the British Diplomatic Service;
- Leslie Morgan Steiner: New York Times best-selling author, columnist for The Washington Post, and renowned speaker on work/family balance;
- Kevin McCollum: Tony Award-winning theater producer and partner to Crystal Cruise’s Crystal on Broadway programming;
- Rob Caskie: Legendary storyteller specializing in South African history and early Arctic and Antarctic exploration.
New episodes of the podcast are available every Tuesday starting now through January 28, 2020. Crystal Storytellers will expand to other major podcast platforms within the coming weeks including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, iHeartRadio, Castbox, Castro, Overcast, Pocket Cast and Podchaser. To learn more about upcoming speakers on Crystal, or to book a voyage, please visit https://www.crystalcruises.com/.
Only the world-renowned Crystal Experience offers an unwavering, unparalleled standard of excellence and luxury across four distinct cruising options: Crystal Cruises, the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line; Crystal River Cruises, the World’s Most Luxurious River Cruise Line; Crystal Yacht Cruises, offering boutique luxury and bold adventure in the world’s most elite harbors; and Crystal Expedition Cruises, taking Crystal’s acclaimed elegance to the farthest reaches of the world. Crystal has been recognized with top honors in the Condé Nast TravelerReaders’ Choice Awards for a record 26 years including, in 2019, for Best Medium-Ship Cruise Line for Crystal Cruises, Best Small-Ship Cruise Line for Crystal Yacht Cruises and Best River Cruise Line for Crystal River Cruises. Crystal was also voted “World’s Best” by the readers ofTravel + Leisure for 20 years; and won “Cruise Line of the Year” and “Most Luxurious Guest Experience” by Virtuoso for 2018 & 2019. Crystal is proud to be a platinum partner of the advisors of ASTA.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel advisor, call 888.799.2437,or visit www.crystalcruises.com, Join the hundreds of thousands who subscribe to the Crystal Insider blog, follow Crystal Cruises’ Facebook page; @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram; @crystalrivercruises on Instagram; and engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises, #crystalrivercruises and #WhereLuxuryisPersonal.