Neiman Marcus Fantasy Gifts Include a Walk-On Role in the Broadway Musical Waitress
Exclusive Grammy Awards Experience, Private Quarterback Camp with Joe Montana and His and Hers Neiman Marcus Island Cars Featuring Lilly Pulitzer
The 2016 Christmas Book was unveiled today by luxury omni-channel retailer Neiman Marcus in Dallas. The 90th edition of this legendary book continues Neiman Marcus’ unmatched tradition of offering a selection of spectacular and unique holiday gifts sure to make even the wildest of dreams come true.
The arrival of the Christmas Book is considered by many to mark the official start of the holiday shopping season. This year’s edition carries on the Neiman Marcus tradition of presenting a refined selection of items across a broad range of categories for everyone on your holiday shopping list. With a new collection of fantasy gifts certain to satisfy even the most indulgent appetites, the Christmas Book features exceptional and distinctive gifts and experiences, including A Week at Three English Estates Experience, Slumber Party at the Neiman Marcus Flagship and Cobalt Valkyrie-X Private Plane in rose gold. This year’s featured car is an INFINITI Q60 Neiman Marcus Limited Edition. The “His & Hers” fantasy gift comes to life as the Neiman Marcus Island Cars Featuring Lilly Pulitzer.
“We are thrilled to present the 2016 fantasy gifts. Our team has scoured and vetted hundreds of one-of-a-kind items resulting in this highly curated collection of 12 items and experiences,” said Jim Gold, President and Chief Merchandising Officer of Neiman Marcus. “It is our goal to bring dreams to life!“
First published in 1926 as a 16-page booklet, the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book was initially intended as a Christmas card to the store’s best customers. Through the years, the book has maintained its personal touch while evolving into a legendary source for alluring and mystical gifts.
Each year, the Christmas Book features specially commissioned artwork and the covers are as anticipated as the contents. “With the goal of bringing a fashion component to the cover of the Christmas Book, we combined custom artwork by Maija Louekari with the beautiful face of Lindsey Wixson to create a final image photographed by Walter Chin. And, to add that bit of fantasy that Neiman Marcus is famous for, the lenticular printing animates Lindsey winking,” said Georgia Christensen, Vice President, Brand Creative Director of Neiman Marcus. This year represents only the second time a unique element has been used to animate the cover. In 1999, a Christmas tree glistened with butterflies thanks to a lenticular onset.
As in previous years, Neiman Marcus will donate a portion of the proceeds from the majority of fantasy gifts to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation which brings enriching art experiences to youth in communities nationwide. Donations will be made to the GRAMMY Foundation with the purchase of the Exclusive GRAMMY Awards Experience and to Akola Project with the purchase of the Optimist Akola Bracelet.
The Love to Give Collection, also featured in the 2016 Christmas Book, includes over 40 perfectly priced items for gift giving. Each Neiman Marcus store gives ten percent of the proceeds to benefit youth arts education in Neiman Marcus communities across the country. An additional $50,000 from online sales goes to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation. Vendors participating in the Neiman Marcus Love to Give Collection include, but are not limited to, Hermès, Yves Saint Laurent beauty, Fresh, Lumio, Sugarfina, and Kate Spade. Prices range from $10 – $200.
Hip stocking stuffers, cool hostess gifts and unexpected treats can be found in the Fun to Give Collection, also featured in the 2016 Christmas Book. These imaginative, easy to buy items (starting at just $5) are truly fun to give.
The fantasy gifts included in the 2016 Christmas Book include:
WALK-ON ROLE IN THE BROADWAY MUSICAL WAITRESS
Perfect for the star in your life searching for their spotlight, one lucky recipient will receive a walk-on role in Broadway’s tastiest musical, Waitress, starring Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller and directed by Tony winner Diane Paulus. With music and lyrics by five-time GRAMMY Award nominee Sara Bareilles, the gift comes with four premium show tickets, a meet-and-greet with the Waitress cast, and a Waitress-themed pie-making lesson with the show’s pie consultant.
With the purchase of the Broadway musical Waitress walk-on role, Neiman Marcus will donate $22,500 to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation. Gift limited to one customer. ($30,000; page 120)
CURATED COLLECTION OF 36 CALDECOTT MEDAL-WINNING CHILDREN’S BOOKS
Send someone on a charming editorial exploration with a curated collection of 36 Caldecott Medal-winning children’s books. Perfect for children of any age, the books within this once-in-a-lifetime library span over almost 80 years and have each been bestowed the Caldecott Medal, given annually since 1938 to “the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children” as voted by the Association for Library Service to Children. Either first editions or early printings, all in original dust jackets, the collection has been gathered by two of New England’s finest book sellers, Johnnycake Books and E.M. Maurice Books.
The 36 Titles Included in the Caldecott Medal-winning Children’s Book Collection Fantasy Gift:
- 2015: The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend, illustrator Dan Santat
- 2014: Locomotive, illustrator Brian Floca
- 2013: This Is Not My Hat, illustrator Jon Klassen
- 2012: A Ball for Daisy, illustrator Chris Raschka
- 2009: The House in the Night, illustrator Beth Krommes
- 2008: The Invention of Hugo Cabret, illustrator Brian Selznick
- 2007: Flotsam, illustrator David Wiesner
- 2006: The Hello, Goodbye Window, illustrator Chris Raschka
- 2005: Kitten’s First Full Moon, illustrator Kevin Henkes
- 2004: The Man Who Walked Between the Towers, illustrator Mordicai Gerstein
- 2003: My Friend Rabbit, illustrator Eric Rohmann
- 1999: Snowflake Bentley, illustrator Mary Azarian
- 1998: Rapunzel, illustrator Paul O. Zelinsky
- 1992: Tuesday, illustrator David Wiesner
- 1991: Black and White, illustrator David Macaulay
- 1986: The Polar Express, illustrator Chris Van Allsburg
- 1985: Saint George and the Dragon, illustrator Trina Schart Hyman
- 1982: Jumanji, illustrator Chris Van Allsburg
- 1981: Fables, illustrator Arnold Lobel
- 1978: Noah’s Ark, illustrator Peter Spier
- 1976: Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears, illustrators Diane and Leo Dillon
- 1974: Duffy and the Devil, illustrator Margot Zemach
- 1973: The Funny Little Woman, illustrator Blair Lent
- 1968: Drummer Hoff, illustrator Ed Emberley
- 1967: Sam, Bangs & Moonshine, illustrator Evaline Ness
- 1964: Where the Wild Things Are, illustrator Maurice Sendak
- 1963: The Snowy Day, illustrator Ezra Jack Keats
- 1959: Chanticleer and the Fox, illustrator Barbara Cooney
- 1954: Madeline’s Rescue, illustrator Ludwig Bemelmans
- 1951: The Egg Tree, illustrator Katherine Milhous
- 1944: Many Moons, illustrator Louis Slobodkin
- 1942: Make Way for Ducklings, illustrator Robert McCloskey
- 1941: They Were Strong and Good, illustrator Robert Lawson
- 1940: Abraham Lincoln, illustrators Ingri and Edgar Parin d’Aulaire
- 1939: Mei Li, illustrator Thomas Handforth
With the purchase of the curated collection of 36 Caldecott Medal-winning children’s books, Neiman Marcus will donate $10,000 to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation. Gift limited to one customer. Caldecott is a registered trademark of American Library Association, which does not sponsor or endorse this gift, Neiman Marcus, Johnnycake Books, or E.M. Maurice Books. ($100,000; page 122) Continue reading