Few things show you care more than a treat made with love. Whether saying “xoxo” to family or “be mine” to a new Valentine, there’s
McCormick Red Food Color
McCormick Raspberry Extract
one dynamite flavor that fits the bill: red velvet. In recent years, the love of red velvet has blossomed beyond its traditional Southern roots into a popular dessert with mass appeal. In fact, last Valentine’s Day, enough MCCORMICK RED FOOD COLOR was sold – more than 550,000 ounces – to make enough red velvet cupcakes to circle the Earth 23 times.[i] That’s why the McCormick Kitchens turned to red velvet to inspire new Valentine’s Day recipes this year.
MCCORMICK & COMPANY, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With more than $3.5 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
Creating memories in the kitchen with kids is sweeter than ever with six irresistible, velvety red recipes from the flavor experts in the MCCORMICK KITCHENS. For treats that will turn your Valentine’s Day into a celebration kids of all ages will enjoy, try these six fresh takes on red velvet, featuring MCCORMICK RED FOOD COLOR and extracts:
- RED VELVET BROWNIE CONVERSATION HEARTS: These heart-shaped delights are a perfect project for the whole family. Vary the drops of Red Food Color for icing in every shade, from puppy-love pink to ravishing rose, adding the final embellishment with edible words of love. For a simplified version, glaze the brownie hearts and decorate with red and pink sprinkles.
- RED VELVET MOUSSE WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM: Your darling will be struck with love at first bite with this smooth-as-silk, whipped treat. Embellish to your heart’s desire.
- RED VELVET CREAM-FILLED CUPCAKES: Fall in love with Red Velvet Cupcakes all over again with this crush-worthy cream-filled version of the classic.
- RED VELVET HOT CHOCOLATE: This rich twist on kid-favorite hot chocolate makes the perfect addition to a cozy family night. Top with marshmallows or whipped cream for an extra-sweet finish.
- RED VELVET PANCAKES: Start the Valentine’s Day celebration early with a sizzling stack of these sweet and colorful breakfast favorites, perfect for a surprise breakfast in bed.
- RED VELVET RASPBERRY TRUFFLES: This decadent collision of rich Raspberry Extract and Red Velvet is the perfect way to brighten someone’s Valentine’s Day. Continue reading