From cities adorned with Christmas lights to beach resorts with glistening waters, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group unveils a variety of holiday escapes and festive offerings at its properties worldwide. This year, Mandarin Oriental will play its part in making each holiday moment a memorable one with activities such as elegant festive dining with loved ones, beautiful in-room holiday decor and magical holiday shopping experiences in some of the greatest cities in the world.
A sampling of this year’s global seasonal offerings can be found below, together with an overview of additional Mandarin Oriental festive experiences, all of which can be booked online at www.mandarinoriental.com.
Mandarin Oriental, Taipei — Although it may seem an unexpected holiday destination, Taipei’s cultural Christmas markets and celebratory firework shows have made this a hot spot for Christmas globetrotters. Mandarin Oriental, Taipei has created a package centered around these indulgences by offering:
- Classic Christmas treats including traditional Stollen, Christmas Wreath, and a luxurious Christmas hamper at the Mandarin Cake Shop; a “Winter Wonderland” Christmas-themed afternoon tea at The Jade Lounge, with a portion of proceeds donated to a remote Taiwanese aboriginal school
- The perfect pampering for two with the Spa Indulgence Room Package which includes two 60-minute “Oriental Fusion” treatments and a special “me time” Essentials Gift Set
- Price: From 13,500 TWD; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo – Ring in the new year with an appetite, as Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo has prepared a proper feast for its guests this holiday season:
- A specialty Toshikoshi Soba available via in-room dining and traditionally eaten at midnight as well as a celebratory Japanese Osechi breakfast served in the privacy of each guest’s own room, as well as a buffet breakfast for up to two guests on December 31, 2019
- Price: From 186,999 JPY; more information can be found here
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AND AFRICA
Mandarin Oriental, Milan — The most magical time to visit Milan is when the Galleria is full of lights, and travellers can feast their eyes on the commanding Swarovski Crystal Christmas Tree. To extend the celebration, Mandarin Oriental, Milan offers:
- A scrumptious breakfast for two served daily in-room or in the warm setting of Mandarin Bar & Bistrot
- Courtesy access to Van Cleef & Arpels’ unique exhibition Van Cleef & Arpels: Time, Nature, Love accompanied by an expert guide, which showcases a collection of more than 400 pieces of some of the Maison’s most unique and beautiful creations
- Price: From 670 EUR; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Paris — Spending the holiday season in Paris is perfect for decadent treats, bubbling champagne, and shopping bags aplenty. Mandarin Oriental, Paris offers it all with a package made specifically for those seeking their own Parisian holiday experience:
- In collaboration with Galeries Lafayette Champs-Élysées, the department store’s new concept store, the package offers guests a VIP shopping experience in the ‘Speakeasy’ at the Galeries Lafayette Champs Elysées with Champagne and French chocolates, topped off with a beauty or wine experience in-store
- To round out the shopping experience, guests are invited to redeem a credit at The Spa
- Price: From 1,125 EUR; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Canouan – Canouan Island, also known as the “Island of Tortoises,” offers natural beauty, unspoiled beaches, tranquil seas and gentle breezes — in other words, a perfect escape to unwind for the holidays. To honor the festive season, Mandarin Oriental, Canouan offers a variety of unique on-property happenings centered around the holidays:
- In partnership with Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary, guests can witness the release of the critically endangered Hawksbill turtles into the sea, a holiday tradition for the property
- Looking out over the warm, turquoise waters of Carenage Bay, guests can enjoy a Canouan Tropical Wonderland complete with events such as guest chef-prepared dinners, sunset cruises, sailing, star-gazing, and a glamorous New Year’s Eve gala dinner to ring in 2020
- For those looking to enhance their wellness regimen, visiting Crystal Sound Healer Khun Noom will host daily introductory sessions to yoga and massage. Keeping with the holistic approach of The Spa, Kuhn Noom can help alleviate many conditions, ranging from colon-cleansing to mindfulness development
- Price: From $3,400 USD; more information can be found here.
Mandarin Oriental, New York — New York City embodies the holiday spirit with prominent window decorations and the larger-than-life Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. After running around from various attractions all day long, enjoy a bit of relaxation at Mandarin Oriental, New York with the following holiday offer:
- A Central Park-facing suite filled with holiday decor including an impressively decorated Christmas tree. Guests can also enjoy treats such as hot chocolate with Grand Marnier, sugar cookies, candy canes, cake lollipops, a gingerbread house and Stollen Cake, all available in-room
- Price From $2,125 USD; more information can be found here.
All rates quoted are subject to availability, service charge and relevant local tax. For further information and reservations, please visit: www.mandarinoriental.com.
MANDARIN ORIENTAL HOLIDAY ANNEX
Please find below all additional holiday offerings available at Mandarin Oriental properties around the globe:
Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona – Catering to families who are celebrating the holiday season with a special getaway, Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona has created a package to make them feel right at home:
- A daily breakfast spread for two to start the day full of energy at Blanc Restaurant
- In-room holiday-themed amenities including children’s treats and activities as well as a towering Christmas tree in the center of each guest room
- A holiday shopping experience at El Corte Inglés, which includes a personalized greeting and a complimentary glass of cava and tapas to enjoy while shopping
- Price: From 715 EUR; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Boston – Whether guests are visiting family or simply spending the holiday exploring historical delights, Mandarin Oriental, Boston has prepared a special package to keep guests warm and relaxed, as well as a can’t-miss New Year’s Eve celebration:
- During this busy time, guests can opt for the wellness package which includes a wellness-themed welcome amenity, a one-hour private Meditation and Himalayan Singing Bowl Therapy session for two, a one-hour and 20 minutes Digital Wellness Escape treatment for two, and an Aromatherapy Associates Relax and Sleep Kit. Price: From 1,345 USD; more information can be found here.
- Celebrating New Year’s Eve in Boston? Ring it in with MO Boston’s New Year’s Eve party package which includes a special New Year’s Day breakfast in bed for two. Price: From $795 USD; more information can be found here.
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong — Christmas and the festive season are energetically celebrated throughout Hong Kong with celebrations for locals and travelers alike. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong has created a stay package offering:
- Daily breakfast at Café Causette, Clipper Lounge as well as a welcome Holiday Whisky Cake, a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. For those traveling with young ones, holiday-themed amenities will be available in-room for children
- Priority access to various exciting interactive experiences at LANDMARK Hong Kong shopping mall
- Price: From 7,200 HKD; more information can be found here.
The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong – If spending the holidays in Hong Kong, The Landmark is a must-visit shopping destination for the best of luxury brands. The Landmark Mandarin Oriental has partnered with French luxury fashion brand, Balmain, to design an exclusive seasonal collaboration featuring limited-edition designer accessories for the Fall/Winter 2019 and Spring/Summer 2020 collections, designed by Olivier Rousteing. As a special holiday touch, the property is offering the below in celebration of the collaboration:
- Guests who book an L600 Executive Suite or above are invited to the store to receive a special Balmain wrist cuff or keychain on a first-come-first served basis through February 2020
- Price: From 4,845 HKD; more information can be found here.
Mandarin Oriental, Marrakech – For guests who are looking to escape with their loved one, Mandarin Oriental, Marrakech is the perfect spot with its luxurious villas and special accommodations for two:
- Luxury villa accommodation, a Moroccan Beldi Breakfast at the villa for two, and a specialty sharing menu for two at Mes’lalla or Ling Ling. Guests staying through New Year’s can book an exclusive dinner at Mes’lalla or Ling Ling for an additional EUR 210 per person (excluding drinks)
- A Moroccan rose treatment for two at The Spa
- Price: From 1,322 EUR; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Miami — Unable to travel across the globe, but still in need of a winter respite? Miami is the place. This year, Mandarin Oriental, Miami has a wealth of offerings to commemorate the season:
- Guests are invited to stay in a luxurious suite which includes daily breakfast, served on the hotel’s first floor or among their suite adorned with holiday decorations and a towering Christmas tree
- Those traveling with young family members can anticipate Santa’s arrival with the special in-room cookie plate for Old St. Nick
- For any last-minute shopping, guests will receive a Saks Fifth Avenue credit
- Price: From $795 USD; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Munich – Throughout the winter season, Munich offers a wide variety of holiday-themed activities, such as the Christmas markets in Marienplatz which includes nightly concerts sung by Bavarian choirs. Travelers will receive the full festive season experience when staying at Mandarin Oriental, Munich:
- The holiday package includes a delightful Christmas hamper filled with traditional Bavarian goodies as well as daily breakfast for two
- An exclusive insider’s map to Munich’s most beautiful Christmas markets, along with an invite to experience the beloved “Nutcracker” ballet at Gärtnerplatztheater (available on November 28, or December 12– 13). Following the ballet, guests can indulge in a late-night bento box at Matsuhisa Munich
- Price: From 798 EUR; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Santiago – Those who prefer sun and sand versus a winter wonderland, can head to South America for the holiday season. The newly renovated Mandarin Oriental, Santiago is ready to welcome travelers with:
- A festive accommodation in the Deluxe room with a special Bûche de Noël welcome amenity
- The package also includes a daily buffet breakfast for two people and a special Christmas dinner for children ages 6 -12 at Senso, the hotel’s Italian restaurant
- Price: From 302,000 CLP; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental, Singapore – While exploring the many wonders of Singapore, Mandarin Oriental will bring the Christmas spirit to each of its guests with special holiday touches throughout their stay:
- Accommodations in an Ocean View Room and daily breakfast served at Melt Café
- Guests are invited for a festive welcome drink at MO Singapore’s MO BAR and will be greeted with festive welcome amenities in-room
- Price: From 499SGD; more information can be found here
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore will also offer a variety of New Year’s Eve dinners on property as well as a Countdown Party at MO BAR where guests can indulge in a selection of cocktails and bar snacks to cheers the new year
Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. – Those who want to cross visiting the National Christmas Tree of their bucket list should head to Washington D.C. this holiday season. To add to this memorable experience, Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. offers:
- An exclusive holiday shopping experience with Carolina Herrera, Mongenthal Frederics, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Dior, and more
- Signature spa treatment to unwind after a long day of shopping and sight-seeing
- Price: From $615 USD; more information can be found here
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 32 hotels and seven residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development, and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.