Macy’s honors National Pride Month through participation in Pride parades nationwide, special in-store events, exclusive merchandise and more
This June, Macy’s celebrates National LGBTQ Pride Month with its customers, colleagues and local communities via in-store events, local Pride parade celebrations, organization sponsorships and special merchandise available at Macy’s stores nationwide and on macys.com. Pride + Joy, the company’s annual LGBTQ campaign, continues to highlight Macy’s long-standing commitment to diversity, equality, inclusion and respect for all. Macy’s is committed to equality and diversity in all areas of business as evidenced by the company’s consistent achievement of a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Commission’s Corporate Equality Index, the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices.
“Macy’s core value of acceptance is reflected in our commitment to supporting the LGBTQ community through the fostering of an inclusive culture and environment that inspires our colleagues and customers to be their authentic self, every day,” said Kristyn Doar-Page, Macy’s vice president of Diversity and Inclusion. “Through our annual Pride + Joy campaign, Macy’s joins community equality celebrations nationwide with in-store special events and support for local charity partners.”
As part of this year’s Pride + Joy campaign, Macy’s will support its local colleagues at more than 20 Pride parade celebrations across the nation. This includes a platinum sponsorship and the debut of a new specially designed float at this year’s New York City Pride Parade. In addition, a host of special in-store Pride festivities will highlight the latest fashions for customers, celebrate love and equality, and help local charities reach new audiences while featuring guest appearances by local DJs, celebrities, and LGBTQ influencers.
Macy’s is supporting its colleagues at Pride Parades held in the following cities:
- Guam – Saturday, June 2
- Puerto Rico – Sunday, June 3
- Boston, MA – Saturday, June 9
- Birmingham, AL – Saturday, June 9
- Los Angeles, CA – Sunday, June 10
- Columbus, OH – Saturday, June 16
- Houston, TX – Saturday, June 23
- St. Petersburg, FL – Saturday, June 23
- Cincinnati, OH – Saturday, June 23
- Minneapolis, MN – Sunday, June 24
- San Francisco, CA – Sunday, June 24
- New York City, NY – Sunday, June 24
- St. Louis, MI – Sunday, June 24
- Seattle, WA – Sunday, June 24
- Chicago, IL – Sunday, June 24
- Lexington, KY – Saturday, June 30
- San Diego, CA – Saturday, July 14
- Space Coast, FL – Saturday, September 29
- Orlando, FL – Saturday, October 13
- Atlanta, GA – Sunday, October 14
Macy’s Pride Month special events will be held at the following stores:
- Macy’s Beverly Center (Los Angeles) – Saturday, June 2, at 2 p.m.
- Macy’s Downtown Boston (Boston) – Wednesday, June 6, at 6 p.m.
- Macy’s Easton (Ohio) – Saturday, June 9, at 1 p.m.
- Macy’s Southdale (Minneapolis) – Saturday, June 9, at 1 p.m.
- Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco) – Tuesday, June 12, at 6 p.m.
- Macy’s Water Tower Place (Chicago) – Saturday, June 16, at 1 p.m.
- Macy’s Herald Square (New York City) – Tuesday, June 19 at 6 p.m.
- Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco) – Saturday, June 23, at 2 p.m., with Fortune Feimster
- Macy’s Tyrone Square (St. Petersburg) – Saturday, June 23, at 11 a.m.
- Macy’s Millenia Mall (Orlando) – Friday, October 12, at 7 p.m.
- Macy’s Lenox Square (Atlanta) – October, TBD
This year, special Pride fashions will be available at more than 500 Macy’s stores and macys.com via a collaboration with Kenneth Cole for the brand’s TIED WITH PRIDE campaign. The limited-edition capsule collection available now supports the LGBTQ community and helps to raise awareness about organizations committed to equality. The gender-neutral collection features t-shirts, hats, and socks, along with the iconic Pride KAM sneaker in black and white, each designed with proud rainbow details.
Shoppers can also wear their Pride with specially created merchandise from brands including Calvin Klein, Levi’s, 2(x)ist, American Rag and Michael Kors. Designed with attention-grabbing graphics and rainbow flag colors, all customers can purchase a variety of featured products available at select Macy’s stores and online at macys.com, including tees, tank tops, watches, accessories, undergarments, coffee mug, and more.
The Macy’s Pride campaign will also be commemorated via curated advertising and window treatments, which feature celebratory and inspiring quotes from Macy’s colleagues. For more information about Macy’s Pride + Joy campaign, visit www.macys.com/celebrate. The site features Macy’s Wedding & Gift Registry, which welcomes all couples, as well as Pride in-store event listings, background on Macy’s national Pride partners and more.