Schick Hydro takes Comic-Con-goers Into Intergalactic Space With The Brand’s First-Ever, Gamified Shave Experience
Schick Hydro will bring the “Schick Shave Off” – the brand’s first-ever, shave video game – to the 2017 New York Comic-Con from Thursday, October 5 – Sunday, October 8, 2017 at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City.
The Schick Hydro superhero – Hydrobot – is a razor designed like no other that is always challenging convention. In the recently released, limited-edition “Schick Hydrobot and the Transformers” comic book – available now in digital and animated forms – fans discovered the genesis of Hydrobot including his pursuit to help protect and defend all against irritation. Now, through the “Schick Shave Off,” Hydrobot is inviting Con-goers to aid him in his mission by giving them the tips and tools to go head-to-head with fellow fans in a virtual shave game that’s out of this world.
“Now that we’ve revealed Hydrobot’s backstory through our limited-edition comic book and most recently at San Diego Comic-Con through an immersive escape room – the “Schick Hydro Escape” – Hydrobot will continue his quest to help protect and defend against irritation – this time into outer space,” said Anastasia Tobias, Schick Hydro Senior Brand Manager, Edgewell Personal Care. “We can’t wait to bring Con-goers along on this next adventure at our first New York Comic-Con fan experience through the “Schick Shave Off.”
About the “Schick Shave Off”
- Using a Schick Hydro 5 controller, contenders will have five minutes to compete head-to-head in a virtual shave off by giving a series of hairy, cosmic characters displayed on screens different superhero-inspired facial hair looks.
- Fans who accept the shave off challenge will walk away with swag. Each day, a live leaderboard will track player performance. The player with the top daily score will receive a Schick Hydro “Mystery Box” filled with exclusive must-haves and fan favorites.
The “Schick Shave Off” will be available to fans at New York Comic-Con (booth 768) from Thursday, October 5 – Sunday, October 8. Additional activities include:
- Schick Hydro 5 Lounge – The chance to relax, indulge in a complimentary, custom shave from a professional barber, take photos with the real-life Hydrobot and score exclusive swag by sharing their experience on social using #SchickShaveOff.
- Live “Schick Shave Off” Tournament – Access to watch Wesley “Wes” Johnson (@Wes_IRL), Amra “Flitz” Ricketts (@FLitz) and Damien Haas (@DamienHaas) from the popular YouTube Smosh Games crew duke it out on Friday, October 6, 2017 for the “Schick Shave Off” crown.
- VIP Access – Follow @SchickHydro on Twitter for chances to show off your cosplay, jump the “Schick Shave Off” line and take photos with Hydrobot via our daily “Cosplay Cut.”