Motorcycle Riding Influencers Ride Through the Midwest to Raise Awareness and Funds to Help Find a Cure for AIDS
Kiehl’s Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve benefits amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research. 100% of purchase price from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR. The Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is $28.50 at all Kiehl’s retail stores, Kiehls.com and specialty stores nationwide.
Maintaining its long-standing tradition of supporting HIV/AIDS charities, Kiehl’s Since 1851, the 166-year-old purveyor of the finest skincare, is pleased to announce its continued partnership with amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, and the eighth annual Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR.
Inspired by a Kiehl’s icon – the motorcycle – a spirit of adventure and philanthropic heritage, the eighth annual LifeRide continues the brand’s mission to heighten awareness and raise funds for amfAR. This year the multi-city charity ride takes place over 8 days, from July 31-Aug. 7, 2017, beginning in Minneapolis and ending in Nashville.
Rallying with the public at nine store stops along the route, Kiehl’s will donate a total of $100,000 over the course of the ride. At each stop, the public can meet the riders, social media influencers, learn more about amfAR and contribute to the non-profit. At the conclusion of this year’s ride, Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR will have ridden more than 11,500 miles since 2010 and raised more than $1.7 million, funding nine cure-related research projects.
Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl’s USA and Kevin Robert Frost, CEO, amfAR will lead this year’s riders:
- Ian Bohen, actor, Teen Wolf
- JR Bourne, actor, Somewhere Between
- Anthony Carrino, co-host, Kitchen Cousins
- Gilles Marini, actor, Switched at Birth
- Grant Reynolds, host/producer, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Luke Wessman, tattoo artist, Miami/NY Ink
- Tyler Posey, actor, Teen Wolf
Key partners for the ride include Cadillac, Delta Air Lines, and Hedon helmets.
JOIN THE RIDE!
Kiehl’s and amfAR invite all to be a part of the ride: Press and public are welcome at the following stops:
MONDAY, JULY 31—MINNEAPOLIS
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, Mall of America, 8100 24th Ave., Bloomington, MN, 11 AM-12 PM
- Kiehl’s at Macy’s, Ridgedale Center, 12411 Wayzata Blvd., Minnetonka, MN, 12:30-1:30 PM
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 2—CHICAGOLAND
- Kiehl’s at Von Maur, Yorktown Center, 145 Yorktown Shopping Center, Lombard, IL, 1:30-2:30 PM
- Kiehl’s at Bloomingdale’s, 900 North Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL, 4:30-5:30 PM
THURSDAY, AUG. 3—CHICAGOLAND
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, The Shops at North Bridge, 520 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL, 11 AM-12 PM
FRIDAY, AUG. 4—INDIANAPOLIS
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, The Fashion Mall at Keystone, 8702 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN, 12-1 PM
SATURDAY, AUG. 5—LEXINGTON
- Kiehl’s at Dillard’s, Fayette Mall, 3625 Nicholasville Rd., Lexington, KY, 11:30 AM-12:30 PM
MONDAY, AUG. 7—NASHVILLE
- Kiehl’s at Dillard’s, CoolSprings Galleria, 1796 Galleria Blvd., Franklin, TN, 11AM-12PM
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, The Mall at Green Hills, 2126 Abbott Martin Road, Nashville, TN, 12:30-1:30 PM
In celebration, every customer attending one of the events at the Kiehl’s retail stores will receive a 15% discount on all purchases, with the exception of charitable products and value sets.
Kiehl’s will also offer a nationwide fundraising discount of 15% off all purchases with the exception of charitable products and value sets at remaining Kiehl’s retail stores nationwide and www.Kiehls.com, Aug. 4 through Aug. 7. Kiehl’s will donate that 15% difference to amfAR, up to the $100,000 total donation
Kiehl’s customers nationwide can join LifeRide and the fight against HIV/AIDS:
- Share a selfie with a heart made from your hands, tag @Kiehls, @amfAR and hashtag #LifeRide8. Kiehl’s will donate $1 for every Instagram post, up to $25,000, to amfAR.
- Share the amfAR PSA featuring Charli XCX! Help continue the conversation about HIV/AIDS and amfAR’s work to find a cure. View the full PSA at KiehlsNYC on YouTube.
- Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve benefits amfAR: 100% of purchase price from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR. The Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is $28.50 at all Kiehl’s retail stores, Kiehls.com and specialty stores nationwide.
- Donate in-store. Kiehl’s retail stores nationwide will accept donations for amfAR. Find your closest store with the store locator on www.Kiehls.com.
- Together, from these elements, and with the help of their friends, customers and riders, by the end of the eight annual Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR, Kiehl’s will have raised more than $150,000 in 2017, and more than $1,700,000 in total or amfAR via motorcycle rides and event donations since 2010.
NINTH CURE-RELATED GRANT
The proceeds from the 2017 Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR will fund a specific grant to aid the research of Dr. Daniela Fera. Dr. Fera received a grant under the Mathilde Krim Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research, an annual research initiative created to support bright young scientists seeking innovative solutions to HIV/AIDS. She will study the structure of a small number of antibodies that are able to “see” through HIV’s defensive shield via holes in its sugar, or glycan, coat by using long, finger-like extensions called CDR3. She will assess the significance of CD3 in targeting HIV as a potential tool in designing a better vaccine. Dr. Fera is an accomplished scientist and teacher who has won several awards for her work in structural biology during her postdoctoral training at Boston Children’s Hospital. For more, visit http://www.amfar.org/krim2016/
To find out more about LifeRide and get involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS, please visit www.kiehls.com/liferide2017
#LifeRide8 #Kiehls #TheCureIsInOurHands