Store Deliver Innovative Products, All-Encompassing On-Site Experiences and Heightened Personal Expert Service
Today, NIKE, Inc. opens Nike Miami, its newest retail experience. The two-story, multi-sport store is digitally connected across more than 31,000 sq. ft., and is located at 1035 Lincoln Rd., in the heart of the City of Miami Beach’s shopping district. (Nike Miami is open seven days a week. Store Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 am to 11 pm. Sunday, 11 am. to 10 pm.)
The store design, inspired by the lifestyle of modern sport, features a unique installation from Miami artist Jessy Nite. The artwork—a multimedia combination of painting, custom typography and sculpture—takes inspiration from the vibrant colors of Miami and the power of sport. The exterior of the building showcases a brise-soleil, a common architectural feature in South America and South Florida used to mitigate the warm afternoon sun. The pattern of the brise-soleil is comprised of two Nike icons: the waffle iron and the Windrunner.
The new Nike Miami is designed to deliver the best of Nike products and personalized services through a series of unique spaces. Guided by a team of highly trained Nike store athletes, Nike Miami offers personalized, immersive experiences for consumers.
Its unique spaces are the ultimate service destinations and include:
- Nike+ Trial Zones: Three immersive Nike+ Trial Zones transport consumers into authentic sport moments, bringing true sport experiences into a personal shopping destination.
- Running: In the Nike+ Running Trial Zone on the first floor, consumers start by consulting with Nike certified running athletes on the best choices for footwear. They can then test out shoes on a treadmill surrounded by two cameras capturing data from their run and a video screen that records them on a 90-second real-life run. Consumers’ personal trial experiences may be saved to their Nike+ member profile, to enhance future shopping experiences.
- Basketball: The Nike+ Basketball Trial Zone, located on the second floor, simulates the feel of the game in a 285-square foot space. Consumers consult with Nike certified basketball experts to select the best choices for footwear and receive 1:1 guidance on product features and benefits. They can then test the shoes in an enclosed basketball trial zone, allowing for the simulation of an actual game or practice environment.
- Soccer: The Nike+ Soccer Trial Zone, also on the second floor and adjacent to the Nike+ Basketball Trial Zone, is a 285-square foot cleat trial area, encased in glass walls, with a synthetic turf field and supported by Nike certified trial athletes. Consumers can trial Nike’s best soccer cleats and receive 1:1 guidance on product features and benefits.
- Nike+ Service Station: At Nike Miami, experts are at your service. The Nike+ Service Station is home to the Nike+ 1:1 service, a private appointment with an expert who provides Nike+ members with a product gear-up, immersion in the Nike+ ecosystem, a curated takeaway and access to Nike services and events.
- The Stands: The Stands is the store’s first service destination, offering a special seating area for live in-store programming, including Nike+ Sessions—intimate discussions with leading athletes, trainers, and trendsetters.
- The Lounge: With a large boutique space, Nike Miami’s Lounge is designed to transform sport retail for women. Guided by Nike certified store athletes, consumers can test out products on a treadmill and in enhanced fitting rooms that are double the size of a standard Nike fitting room. The Lounge offers an array of services, from Nike+ 1:1 personal appointments to bra fitting, pant hemming, and digital checkout. There are three adaptive lighting changes in all fitting rooms in Nike Miami—replicating the feel of yoga studio to a night run.
- Nike+ Member Sessions: Nike+ Member Sessions, located in The Stands, provide members with Nike programming, featuring Nike+ Run Club and Nike+ Training Club events, and Nike+ Speaker Sessions, an opportunity for consumers to engage with local nutritionists and trainers.
Nike+ Member Benefits: For members with Nike+, Nike Miami unlocks premium services and benefits that streamline and enhance the shopping and membership experience, including the ability to book a 1:1 appointment with an expert, invitations to events and sessions, easy receipt-free returns via their Nike+ profile, 30-day product trials all made available via being a member with Nike+ and having the Nike+ app.
Nike Miami offers some of the hottest exclusive products, as well as re-stocks, including the recently released HyperAdapt 1.0, currently offered by appointment only, exclusively at Nike Miami. The store will also feature Nike’s latest premium products, including Kobe Fade to Black Pack, Kyrie 3 “What The,” Air Force 1 Ultraforce Mid, Zonal Strength Tights and the Apple Watch Nike+.
Nike Miami offers seamless commerce—allowing consumers to buy products in store and online from www.Nike.com in a single transaction from the store, with free delivery of the online product. The store also provides scheduled courier delivery of in-store purchases to certain Miami addresses, including hotels.
“Once again, we’re demonstrating how we are leading the future of sport retail,” said Heidi O’Neill, Nike’s President of Global Direct to Consumer. “Nike Miami offers some of the best products, services and experiences under one roof. Whether you’re gearing up for your first yoga class, committing to a New Year’s resolution, or kicking the soccer ball around on our in-store pitch, Nike Miami will help you raise your game.”