The Leading Publication In Wine Lifestyle Names This Year’s Luminaries Of The Wine & Spirits Industry
The winners of Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s annual Wine Star Awards, dedicated to honoring individuals and companies whose vision has impacted the wine and spirits industry, have officially been announced. Over the last seventeen years, Wine Enthusiast has celebrated industry icons representing a collection of perspectives and business approaches united for one goal—to advance the American wine and spirits industry. These winners are noted for their groundbreaking vision coupled with the courage to take risks and the skill to succeed.
“We’re very excited to announce our 2016 collection of Wine Star Award winners,” says Editor & Publisher of Wine Enthusiast, Adam Strum. “Wine Enthusiast is the number one voice of authority in the wine lifestyle space and it is with great pride and pleasure that we present these fifteen deserved recipients with the Wine Star trophy in Miami at the new Nobu Eden Rock Hotel.”
And The 2016 Wine Star Award Winners Are…
- Person of the Year – Wayne Chaplin, CEO, Southern Glazers
- Lifetime Achievement – William J. Deutsch, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
- American Wine Legend – Jerry Lohr, J. Lohr Vineyards & Winery
- Winemaker of the Year – Andrea Mullineux, Mullineux & Leeu Family Wines
- Winery Executive of the Year – Michael Clarke, Chairman, Treasury Wine Estates
- American Winery of the Year – Bonterra Vineyards
- European Winery of the Year– R & A Pfaffl
- New World Winery of the Year – Kim Crawford Winery
- Wine Region of the Year– Williamette Valley, Oregon
- Importer of the Year – Frederick Wildman and Sons, Ltd.
- Retailer of the Year – Raley’s Family of Fine Stores
- Sommelier/Wine Director of the Year – Jason L. Smith, MS, MGM Resorts International
- Spirit Brand of the Year – Wild Turkey
- Mixologist of the Year – Ivy Mix & Lynnette Marrero
- Brewery of the Year – Firestone Walker Brewing Company
The winners will be honored at the annual Wine Star Awards Dinner held for the first time in Miami, Florida at Nobu Eden Rock on Monday, January 30th 2017. To attend or RSVP please contact Jen Cortellini at firstname.lastname@example.org. To read in-depth profiles of the Wine Star Award winners, pick up the Best of Year Issue of Wine Enthusiast Magazine hitting newsstands on December 20, 2016 or online at WineMag.com. To join the social conversation follow @WineEnthusiast on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #WineStar.