Playboy magazine unveils this year’s winners of the Best New Bars in America in its November 2016 issue. After calling for nominations earlier this summer, Playboy readers, along with some of the nation’s best bartenders, drink writers and industry insiders, submitted 50 of the best new drinking establishments in the country. Now, the Playboy editors and readers have spoken and the results are in for the ten best new spots to have a cocktail.
Playboy’s Best Bars 2016 include the most innovative watering holes that range from a bar that elevates the art of day drinking to an establishment that serves over 500 varieties of gin.
- Columbia Room in Washington, D.C.
- Dante in New York City
- Suffolk Arms in New York City
- Whitechapel in San Francisco
- Occidental in Denver
- Bar Leather Apron in Honolulu
- Sweet Liberty in Miami
- Compère Lapin in New Orleans
- Greenriver in Chicago
- Old Glory in Nashville
Additional highlights of Playboy’s November 2016 issue include:
- Miss November, Ashley Smith: the 25-year-old bombshell from Austin, TX, is November’s cover model with a pictorial and centerfold shot by the illustrious photographer, Zoey Grossman.
- 20Q with Jeffrey Dean Morgan: the man behind TV’s most riveting season finale discusses what it’s like to be Negan in “The Walking Dead” and how viewers reacted to the introduction of his character.
- No Filter with Bella Thorne: the 19-year-old starlet delivers a bold message
to her critics and how she feels about shaming a women’s sexiness.
- Politics: Playboy‘s political correspondent John Meroney shares two compelling features. The first observes how Donald Trump managed to silence the Republican call for war. The second is a powerful in-depth, 8-page interview with former CIA and NSA head Michael Hayden who frankly answers questions about being a spy, explains his stance on why Trump will “risk our country’s national security and well-being,” and voices his opinion on Secretary Clinton‘s emails.
- The White-Collar Future of Weed: a new generation of entrepreneurs aim to revolutionize America’s cannabis industry.
- Music: the best-kept secret in hip-hop and mastermind behind Drake, Jas Prince is today’s rap royalty.
- My Way: legendary fashion designer John Varvatos talks about how music impacted his career and style.
- Francofile: James Franco interviews hip-hop legend Method Man about acting and the future of the Wu-Tang Clan.
- Playboy Advisor: monthly advice columnist Bridget Phetasy explains how to move a fling into the friend-zone.
Additional content includes Fiction from Kevin Mandel‘s The Filmmaker and fantastical works of art by the Artist in Residence, James Jean.
Playboy‘s November 2016 issue is available on newsstands nationwide starting today, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, and for the first time ever, the iconic magazine is available to subscribers in the iTunes and Google Play stores.