Set To Drop October 25, The Newest Addition To The Reigning MVP’s Signature Collection Is Powered By Breakthrough Technology And Infused With Game-Changing Design
Stephen Curry returns to the court this season with a renewed drive, hunger and focus on the future. Fueled by Stephen’s unwavering will to always take his game to the next level, Under Armour will drive the game of basketball forward with the latest addition to Curry’s signature footwear collection, the Curry 3.
“Being able to work directly with my team at Under Armour on the Curry 3 has been an incredible experience,” said Curry. “Our team’s knowledge and expertise on the science of building a shoe is unparalleled, and pairing with what works for my body and my game, I know that we have created something really special. Working in collaboration with my UA team from start to finish on inspiration, design and fit will without question drive us to success.”
Constructed with proprietary technologies and designed to drive the league’s back-to-back MVP to new heights, the Curry 3 is the optimal combination of lightweight support, balance, speed and durability. Powered by Under Armour’s newest breakthrough in fabric technology, Threadborne™, Under Armour and Curry have created a new shoe that breaks the mold of what to expect from basketball footwear, with innovative technology and design.
- Threadborne™ is a new technology created by Under Armour’s innovators after examining a parachute, specifically paracord, a strong piece of material that is at the equipment’s core. Within the weave construction of paracord, Under Armour discovered ultra-durable yarns and rebuilt them into a fabric engineered to withstand the rigors of an 82 game season and support the two-time MVP as he transcends the limits of the game. The Curry 3 Threadborne fabric is comprised of braided thread that wraps around a larger, corded panel, delivering unparalleled lightweight directional strength and infinite support.
- Meta-Wing lines the heel of the Curry 3 to expressly support the subtalor joint—the joint that connects the ankle and heel bones, and is crucial in terrain balance, pivoting and shock absorption. The shoes create a snug fit that is unrivaled in stabilizing the foot, ensuring the most complete and efficient way to cut and move laterally on the basketball court.
- Anafoam is constructed on the medial to deliver body-mapped fit, lightweight structure and support.
- Charged Cushioning™ is a unique foam technology, which absorbs impact and converts it into a responsive burst, making each stride or change of direction explosive.
- Herringbone Traction: The return of Herringbone traction on the sole of the Curry 3 amplifies stability, grip and support on the court.
“Stephen is an exceptional basketball player whose talent is only exceeded by his will to be better every day, on-and-off the court,” said Dave Dombrow, Chief Design Officer. “Our team is inspired by Stephen’s passion for the game and his ingenuity has driven our partnership to create the world’s most technically innovative shoe in the Curry 3, and to keep driving performance footwear forward in-step with the back-to-back MVP.“
The Curry 3 mid style retails for $140.00 and debuts globally at UA.com and the UA Shop App on October 25 with the “Dub Nation Heritage” colorway. The “SC Camo” colorway follows with a release at retailers worldwide on October 27.