Pose With Exploration’s Animatronic Wings, Fabricated by Academy Award-Winning Jim Henson’s Creature Shop; Giveaways, Limited-Edition Figures & Raffles
Do you want to be a Superhero? At 2016 New York Comic Con, IAmElemental, creator of the first female action figures designed specifically for children, will offer fans of its Series 1/Courage and Series 2/Wisdom figures that opportunity at Booth 1764 from October 6-9, 2016 at the Javits Convention Center.
New York City-based IAmElemental is a privately held toy company creating the first-ever female action figures designed specifically for girls (and boys!). Founded in 2013, the company conducted a Kickstarter campaign in 2014 which was fully funded in two days, drawing backers from all 50 states and six continents, and was named by TIME Magazine as one of the “25 Best Inventions of 2014” and “Top 10 Toys of 2014.”
“At IAmElemental, we believe it’s not Superheroes, it’s Superpowers,” said Chief Elemental Officer Julie Kerwin. “All the Superpowers we could ever want or need are already inside each one of us. We call them the Elements of Power, and they’re coming to Comic Con through our giveaways, limited-edition figure sales, raffles and test-drives of our giant steampunk and Leonardo da Vinci-inspired Exploration’s Wings.”
IamElemental envisions kids as the creators of a play experience in which they are the active agents in a story of their own design. The company’s female action figures boast a forward-thinking design and engineering unique among products designed for children. Its Series 1/Courage figures, modeled on Joan of Arc, represent character traits including Bravery, Honesty, Fear, Enthusiasm, Energy, Industry and Persistence. Series 2/Wisdom, with ancient Alexandrian STEM pioneer Hypatia as the muse, includes Creativity, Ingenuity, Curiosity, Logic, Exploration, Mastery and Oblivion. Series 3/Justice will launch in 2017.
IAmElemental’s offerings at New York Comic Con Booth 1764 include:
- Exploration’s Wings: Exploration from Series 2/Wisdom is one of IAmElemental‘s most popular 4″ articulated female action figures. “Exploration investigates and takes voyages of discovery. She has the ability to transport herself anywhere in the world,” said Kerwin. Booth visitors will have the opportunity to pose with the Exploration Superpower: Exploration’s Wings, human-scale animatronic wings with a nine-foot wingspan, fabricated exclusively for IAmElemental by Academy Award-winning Jim Henson’s Creature Shop.
- Giveaways: Booth visitors who take a photo with Exploration’s Wings will receive an exclusive IAmElemental cloth Superhero mask. Fans can also choose a 1.5″ button pin with the IAmElemental Superhero mask logo, available in two colors. (Giveaways are free while supplies last.)
- Merchandise & Limited-Edition Figures: In addition to a selection of hats, t-shirts, posters, and Series1/Courage action figures, items for sale at IAmElemental’s booth include:
- Pink Bravery / Supporting Breast Cancer Research: Pink Bravery is a metallic pink colorway of IAmElemental’s Bravery female action figure. Also available are Pink Bravery greeting cards designed by female comic book, graphic novel and animation artists including Brittney Williams (Marvel Hellcat) and Jen Wang (In Real Life). All Pink Bravery proceeds fund breast cancer research.
- Courage Core Power / Buy One, Donate One for Childhood Cancer: The 6.5″ Core Power female action figure is a fusion of all Elements in Series 1/Courage, featuring more than 30 points of articulation and removable accessories. In memory of IAmElemental superfan Anna Bosma, the company will distribute one figure to a child affected by cancer for each figure purchased.
- Raffles: Booth visitors who share photos of Exploration’s Wings via social media tagged #IAmElemental and #NYCC will be entered to win Courage Core Power figures accessorized with replicas of Honesty’s Wings from Series1/Courage, specially produced by Shapeways 3D Printing. Artwork to be raffled includes posters by Olivia Huynh (Google Doodles) and Annie Wu (DC Comics Black Canary), as well as limited edition photos of IAmElemental figures by acclaimed toy photographer Mitchel Wu. Winners need not be present to win.
“We are honored to have such a close relationship with our fans, and we think our 2016 IAmElemental New York Comic Con experience will bring them even closer to our award-winning female action figures,” said Kerwin. “We’re especially thrilled to offer the opportunity to fly with Exploration’s Wings, fabricated by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. We look forward to welcoming everyone to Booth 1764.”
“If you give a girl a different toy, she will tell a different story“; “Play with power“; “It’s character, not characters“; “Shared, everyone’s powers grow stronger“; and “We have Superpowers. Want some?” are trademarks of IAmElemental. For more information, visit IAmElemental’s Booth 1764 at New York Comic Con, visit http://www.IAmElemental.com or call (800) 274-8282; Twitter:@IAmElementalToy, Facebook: IAmElementalToy, Instagram: IAmElementalToy.