Aerie and American Eagle Outfitters to donate 100% of sales from Limited-Edition Bright Pink Sunnie Demi Bra, Undie and Boxer
Bright Pink, a national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, is proud to announce an integrated initiative with Aerie and American Eagle Outfitters in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Aerie will offer a Limited-Edition Bright Pink Sunnie Demi Bra, while American Eagle Outfitters will offer a Limited-Edition Aerie Undie, Boxer and Boxer Brief with 100% of sales benefiting Bright Pink. This will mark the seventh consecutive year for the partnership but the first time both brands are participating. The campaign will run both in Aerie and American Eagle Outfitters stores and online at www.aerie.com and www.ae.com now October 19th, 2016. Aerie, American Eagle Outfitters and Bright Pink will promote the program through social media, customer e-mails and in-store marketing.
In addition, Aerie will introduce several opportunities for customers to help the cause, including inviting shoppers to donate to Bright Pink in Aerie stores by rounding up their purchase totals at the register. The partnership aims to spark important conversations among women about the risk of breast and ovarian cancer and inspire them to take take action, while also raising funds to fuel Bright Pink’s life-saving education programs.
Bright Pink is a national non-profit focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women. The organization’s mission is to save women’s lives from breast and ovarian cancer by empowering them to live proactively at a young age. Bright Pink‘s innovative programs educate and equip young women to assess their risk for breast and ovarian cancer, reduce their risk, and detect these diseases at early, non life-threatening stages. Founded in 2007, Bright Pink strives to reach the 52 million women in the US between the ages of 18-45 with this life-saving education. Put Awareness In Action™ at BrightPink.org.
“We’re incredibly lucky to have partners like Aerie and American Eagle Outfitters who share our vision to educate millions of women on their breast and ovarian health and empower them to take action,” said Bright Pink Founder and CEO, Lindsay Avner. “Through the ‘Support Your Girls’ campaign, both brands will raise critical funds that support the growth of our programs, while also inspiring their customers and employees to be proactive with their own health; a life-saving combination.”
Jennifer Foyle, Aerie Global Brand President, shares the same enthusiasm for the campaign: “We are so proud to partner with Bright Pink for the seventh consecutive year,” Foyle said. “Not only does our partnership help raise awareness for Bright Pink’s life-saving programs, but it also helps encourage body positivity and healthy habits for Aerie girls.”
The partnership includes several components:
- 100% of sales from the Limited-Edition Bright Pink Sunnie Demi Bra and Undie will be donated to Bright Pink. The bra, which is light pink in color, will be sold in Aerie stores and online at www.aerie.com from 9/30 through 10/19, or while supplies last. The Bright Pink Undie will be sold in American Eagle Outfitters stores and at www.aerie.com.
- 100% of sales from the Bright Pink Boxer and Boxer Brief will be donated to Bright Pink, and will be sold in American Eagle Outfitters stores and online at AE.com from 9/30 through 10/19, or while supplies last.
- One percent of all sales purchased using an American Eagle Outfitters or Aerie credit card in stores or online at ae.com and aerie.com will be donated to Bright Pink, up to $75,000.
- Shoppers will be invited to donate to Bright Pink at Aerie stores by rounding up their in-store purchase totals.
- The online hub for the campaign can be found at www.Aerie.com/AerieSupports, where visitors can access more information about the partnership and find links to breast health educational programs on Bright Pink‘s website.
Aerie and American Eagle Outfitters social media channels will explain the partnership and encourage girls to get educated about their own breast health. Bright Pink stories of impact will be shared on Aerie’s blog, showcasing firsthand accounts around importance of being breast self aware starting at a young age.