The Special Double Cover Issue Hits Newsstands This Week With An Interactive Online Version Now Available Here
Playboy unveiled today its October 2016 edition – “The Renegades Issue,” starring the unstoppable actress and musician, Sky Ferreira, who graces two different front cover designs that hit newsstands on September 27th. The double covers, a rarity in the world of Playboy, feature Sky in a more traditional Playboy look and one decidedly more modern. A special interactive teaser of the magazine is available now on Playboy.com.
Sky Ferreira leads a group of eight unconventional men and women who aren’t afraid to break the rules in Playboy’s first-ever “Renegades” issue. Among the cultural trendsetters are retired pro skateboarder Jason Dill on surviving near-death; Stoya, a ballerina turned porn star; Against Me! founder Laura Jane Grace who reveals the challenges of being transgender in punk rock; comedian and Fresh Off the Boat writer Ali Wong on motherhood; Paul Beatty, one of America’s most daring writers who’s known to push societal boundaries; Noor Tagouri, a 22-year-old Hijabi Muslim activist and journalist determined to break down stereotypes; and Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games and its ambitious video game No Man’s Sky, that delivers on the promise of endless exploration and adventure.
The October 2016 issue also features an in-depth, 8-page conversation with the self-proclaimed “comedic rock star,” Kevin Hart. Taking a break from world domination, Hart sat down with Playboy and opened up about his relationship with his father and shared his thoughts on controversial figures such as Donald Trump and Bill Cosby. Hart also discusses his Kevmoji app, currently the #1 downloaded app on iTunes, along with his record-breaking global comedy tour, upcoming tech deals, movies, endorsements and more.
Additional highlights of Playboy’s October 2016 issue include:
- 20Q with Rachel Bloom: the woman behind CW’s hit sitcom and two-time 2016 Emmy Awards winner, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, doesn’t hold back as she discusses comedy, sex and politics.
- No Filter with Sharna Burgess: in its 23rd season, this Dancing with the Stars vet returns with all-new partner, racecar driver James Hinchcliffe.
- Technology will destroy democracy…Alex Halderman: the professor behind hacking voting machines warns that our democracy is threatened by evil hackers.
- Miss October, Allie Silva: featured in a 10-page pictorial shot by notable photographer Henrik Purienne, 27-year-old Miss October uncovers her Norwegian and African American upbringing.
- Francofile: James Franco interviews Maggie Gyllenhaal (co-stars in HBO’s upcoming series, The Deuce) on the science of playing a prostitute, navigating a sex scene, and the brilliance of Heath Ledger.
- Music: Long Beach native Vince Staples on breaking every rule in hip hop and how he fell into rapping by accident.
- Playboy Advisor: monthly advice columnist Bridget Phetasy deftly answers the age old question, “Is it ever okay to send a dick pic?“
- Additional content includes Fiction from Tony Tulathimutte‘s After the Dyerses and original art from Chloe Kovska.
Playboy‘s double cover of the October 2016 “The Renegades Issue” will be available on newsstands nationwide on Thursday, September 27. To subscribe to Playboy, click here.