Top Chefs From Around the Country Convene in Yosemite National Park for Cooking Demonstrations, Lively Receptions and Gourmet Dinners
Yosemite Hospitality, LLC. (a subsidiary of Aramark), has announced the lineup for the 2017 Taste of Yosemite Culinary Showcase. The celebrated Taste of Yosemite event will be held over a series of eight sessions from January 8 – February 2, 2017 at The Majestic Yosemite Hotel located in the heart of Yosemite National Park.
In its first year as Yosemite National Park‘s authorized concessioner, Aramark’s Yosemite Hospitality is continuing a long tradition of hosting America’s most renowned chefs, preparing exceptional cuisine for guests, in one of America’s most beloved national parks.
The Taste of Yosemite is among the most prestigious culinary events in the country, bringing together acclaimed chefs from the nation’s top restaurants for a month-long series of cooking demonstrations, menu tastings and chef meet and greets. Each session culminates with a gala dinner prepared by the session’s headliner chefs in The Majestic Yosemite Hotel‘s elegant Dining Room.
2017 Taste of Yosemite Talent Lineup:
Session 1: January 8-11
- Victor Scargle, COPIA, Napa, CA
- Maria Hines, Tilth, Seattle, WA
- Ryan Scott, Finn Town/Market & Rye, San Francisco, CA
Session 2: January 11-13
- Jesse Cool, Flea Street Cafe, Menlo Park, CA
- Levi Mezick, Harvest Table, St. Helena, CA
- Elizabeth Falkner, Falk Yeah! Productions, New York, NY
Session 3: January 15-18
- Dustin Valette, Valette, Healdsburg, CA
- Kyle Itani, Hopscotch & Itani Ramen, Oakland, CA
- Adam Mali, The Patio, Petaluma, CA (Restaurant scheduled to open fall 2016)
Session 4: January 18-20
- Anita Lo, Annisa, New York, NY
- Scott Youkilis, Loma Brewing Company, Los Gatos, CA
- Gayle Pirie & Jon Clark, Foreign Cinema, San Francisco, CA
Session 5: January 22-25
- Carrie & Rupert Blease, Lord Stanley, San Francisco, CA
- Suzanne Goin, Lucques/Tavern/AOC, Los Angeles, CA
- Evan Hanczor, Egg, Brooklyn, NY
Session 6: January 25-27
- Amanda Frietag, Empire Diner, New York, NY
- Tanya Holland, Brown Sugar Kitchen, Oakland, CA
- Ariane Duarte, Ariane Kitchen & Bar, Verona, NJ
Session 7: January 29-February 1
- Peter Armellino, Plumed Horse, Saratoga, CA
- Kim Alter, Nightbird, San Francisco, CA
- Josey Baker, Josey Baker Bread, San Francisco, CA
Session 8: February 1-3
- Peter Rudolph, Madera, Menlo Park, CA
- Sue Conley & Peggy Smith, Cowgirl Creamery, San Francisco/Pt. Reyes, CA
- Peter Chastain, Prima, Walnut Creek, CA
Special hotel packages for Taste of Yosemite are available at either The Majestic Yosemite Hotel or Yosemite Valley Lodge, which includes lodging, culinary demonstrations and tastings, a “Meet the Chefs” reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres and the five-course gala dinner paired with wine in The Majestic Yosemite Hotel Dining Room. Lodging packages start at $405 per night based on double occupancy. Individual tickets for the gala dinner may be purchased at a price of $199 per person, including gratuity and excluding tax.
Free event-specific shuttle bus transportation will be provided between Yosemite Valley Lodge and The Majestic Yosemite Hotel for the Taste of Yosemite gala dinners.
The Majestic Yosemite Hotel, located in the heart of Yosemite Valley, is considered by many as the crown jewel of national park lodges. The hotel offers first-class service and it features stunning architecture and design elements that focus on the natural surroundings. The interior design is a remarkable blend of Native American, Middle Eastern and Art and Crafts elements. The Majestic Yosemite Hotel is open year-round and it offers a variety of services and activities for visitors to enjoy Yosemite National Park. For more information on Taste of Yosemite or to make reservations, call 888-413-8869 or visit www.TravelYosemite.com.