Nutty, Savory And Sweet Profiles Lead This Year’s Flavor Journey
Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto — the best-selling gelato in the United States based on retail sales results for 2015 annual sales period ending 12/19/2015— is unveiling six new flavors for 2016. Talenti, the company, began as a gelateria in 2003 and has since grown into the best-selling packaged gelato in the United States. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever, Talenti is committed to using artisanal methods and uses only the finest, carefully sourced ingredients — Belgian Chocolate, fresh whole Tahitian vanilla beans from Papua New Guinea, select coconuts from the Philippines, and real Argentine dulce de leche are just a few of the many fine ingredients used to create Talenti gelatos and sorbettos.
Talenti is committed to using only the good stuff when creating their multitude of sorbetto and gelato flavors. Farm-fresh milk and fine, pure cane sugar are blended with ingredients sourced from around the globe, and locally, whenever possible. With this, the company uses artisanal cooking methods designed to create robust flavor profiles and experiences. The end result is scooped into the signature Talenti clear, recyclable, resealable and BPA-free containers. Sorbetto options are also part of the ever-evolving product line.
Beginning this month, the new varieties will appear in grocery store freezers and include delicious, hand-crafted flavors just in time for the warmer spring and summer months:
– Chocolate Sorbetto: No milk? No problem. A sophisticated cocoa sorbetto that delivers a smooth, simple and rich chocolate taste.
– Coconut Almond Chocolate Gelato: Coconut shreds, semi-sweet chocolatey flakes, and salted roasted almonds all blended into coconut gelato.
– Key Lime Pie Gelato: Refreshing key lime gelato with a textured graham swirl and graham cracker pieces.
– Peanut Butter Pretzel Gelato: Peanut butter gelato with a peanut butter ripple and chocolatey peanutty crunchy pretzel balls.
– Vanilla Caramel Swirl Gelato: Classic vanilla bean gelato with a generous swirl of decadent Talenti dulce de leche.
– Wild Blackberry Gelato: An elegant blackberry gelato with a smooth blackberry swirl.
“We’re always finding ways to innovate our flavor lineup, and we’re really proud of these inventive twists and fresh flavor combinations,” said Josh Hochschuler, founder of Talenti. “This year’s flavors are made with real ingredients you can see — like coconut shreds, layers of graham crackers and ribbons of peanut butter — and we’re excited for our fans to discover these latest creations.”
The newest flavors will debut at this year’s Natural Products Expo West show in Anaheim, Calif., which ends this weekend. Consumers can find the new Talenti flavors at major retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99-$5.99. For a full list of Talenti products and to find retail locations