From Now Through October 31, 2015, Lands’ End Is Donating 75% Of The Fee For Every Pink Thread Monogram And Embroidery Application to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF), With A Minimum Total Donation From Lands’ End to BCRF of $50,000.
Lands’ End is launching the Pink Thread Project, a campaign created to help raise awareness and funding for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), to further support the organization’s mission to end breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research.
The Pink Thread Project raises funds for breast cancer research by adding any monogram or embroidery icon using pink thread to Lands’ End apparel, accessories or home goods. By simply ordering and applying a personalized monogram or icon using a shade of pink thread to any Lands’ End item that can be monogrammed or embroidered – from totes and towels to cardigans and shirts – $4.50 of the $6.00 fee for every Pink Thread monogram and embroidery application will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Supporters can take part in the Pink Thread Project by ordering online at landsend.com through October 31, 2015.
“There’s a common thread when it comes to breast cancer. Sadly, it affects each of us through family, friends and colleagues. The Pink Thread Project allows us to show support while also helping to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation,” said Federica Marchionni, CEO, Lands’ End. “A little pink truly does a lot of good.”
In addition to showing support through pink personalized monograms, Lands’ End is also offering classic breast cancer icons such as the pink heart ribbon, pink sailboat, pink compass and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation logo ribbon.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Lands’ End. The Pink Thread Project is a beautifully simple touch that is deeply meaningful, not only because of the pink personalization but for what it represents – a statement that you support breast cancer research. As the highest rated breast cancer organization in the nation, you can rest assured that the choice of a pink thread will directly impact the lives of millions of women and men impacted by this disease,” said Myra J. Biblowit, President & CEO of BCRF.
Additional Pink Thread Project Initiatives
Throughout the month of October, other initiatives to support the Pink Thread Project include:
- “Pink” Your Profile Pic– Lands’ End is offering Fans the chance to add a shade of pink to profile pictures on Facebook or Twitter to show support of the Pink Thread Project and Breast Cancer Research Foundation through the month of October. Visit pinkthreadtwibbon.com to learn more.
- #PinkThread Twitter Party– Join Lands’ End and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for a Twitter Party during the Pink Promises Luncheon on October 7th. Lands’ End will be tweeting inspirational content from Breast Cancer Research Foundation spokesperson and survivor, Amy Robach. Join @landsend and @bcrfcure with the #PinkThread hashtag from 11a – 12p ET for inspirational thoughts, research, giveaways and more.
- #PinkThread Tips and Stories – Throughout the month, Lands’ End will share #PinkThread tips and stories from survivors, supporters and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation on Twitter and Instagram (@LandsEnd) as well as Facebook.
- In Stores – Lands’ End will donate 10 percent of the retail purchase price of select pink women’s apparel and accessories sold in Lands’ End Shops at Sears to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation through October 31.
- Lands’ End Outfitters – Lands’ End is even giving businesses and organizations a way to raise funds for BCRF. Lands’ End Outfitters will feature a curated collection of 21 pink products that will be offered as part of the Pink Thread campaign with 5 percent of the retail purchase price benefitting BCRF.
Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) advances the world’s most promising research to eradicate breast cancer. BCRF has raised $570 million to fuel discoveries in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis, making it one of the largest non-governmental funders of breast cancer research in the world. Since 1993, BCRF funded researchers have been deeply involved in every major breakthrough in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. In 2015, BCRF will award over $48.5 million to support more than 235 researchers at leading medical institutions worldwide. By spending 91 cents of every dollar on research and public awareness programs, BCRF remains one of the nation’s most fiscally responsible nonprofits. BCRF is the only breast cancer organization with an “A+” from CharityWatch, and has been awarded Charity Navigator’s highest rating of four stars 13 times since 2002. For more information, please visit: www.bcrfcure.org.
Lands’ End, Inc. is a a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service and real value; and a leading multi-channel retailer of clothing, accessories, footwear and home products. They offer products through catalogs, online at www.landsend.com and affiliated specialty and international websites, and through retail locations, primarily at Lands’ End Shops at Sears® and standalone Lands’ End Inlet® Stores.