Running From October 1 Through December 31, 2015, The Series Highlights In-House Experts On Event Planning And All Things Culinary
Whether it’s teaching the art of floral arrangements or the best way to cook game meats, Four Seasons has always believed in sharing expert entertaining knowledge with guests and members of the local community. To showcase the brand’s innovation and creativity in entertaining, Four Seasons is launching Entertain U(niversity) this October, a series of educational consumer classes, workshops and experiences led by in-house global event planners, culinary teams and beverage masterminds held within versatile event spaces at Four Seasons hotels and resorts.
The classes are designed to create experiences that guests can replicate in their own homes, while simultaneously highlighting the wide range of customizable event offerings and venues available at Four Seasons. Examples include:
- Barista Boot Camp at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort: Coffee lovers will gain the necessary skills to move beyond creating a basic “cup of joe” to creating an extraordinary, signature cup of coffee rich in flavor and with an artful presentation. Coffee connoisseur Allison Burkard, manager of Lickety Split, the Resort’s café, will teach guests how to make cold-brew coffee, as well as the perfect single drip coffee. Every Saturday in December 2015
- Barrel-Aged Cocktail Making at Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto: Discover the art of crafting cocktails and adding an oak influence. Guests will assist in creating a soon-to-be-released Quattro barrel aged cocktail, which will rest in an oak barrel for 60 days until it is aged to perfection. Attendees will be invited to the release party of the cocktail that they were part of creating. October 3, 2015
- Steak & Ale at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire: Enjoy the best in prime steak cuts, including organic côte de boeuf from local farms, combined with the property’s own craft beer, 1086. Guests will get the chance to partake in an interactive craft ale tasting session with the Andwell Brewing Company, a local family-run microbrewery, where they’ll learn about the creation of 1086 in celebration of the Hotel’s 10th anniversary.
- Afternoon Tea Etiquette for Youngsters at Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip: All participating young guests will get a chance to experience afternoon tea service, from three tiers of delightful savouries, scones and desserts, along with a cup of hot chocolate or milk as a tea substitute. An in-house Four Seasons expert will also guide children in proper tea etiquette. October–December, 2015
- Tips and Tricks from Wolfgang Puck’s Kitchen at Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay: Participants learn how to cook some of Wolfgang Puck’s most beloved dishes from his restaurants at the Hotel. The class will be guided by his chefs in the dining room of the brand new CUT by Wolfgang Puck restaurant.
- Jimbaran Bay Cooking Academy at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay: A hands-on opportunity to learn about the secret techniques and distinctive ingredients of Indonesian cuisine, featuring recipes from old family traditions from different Indonesian regions. Guests will visit the Jimbaran Fish Market to see how locals shop for the freshest seafood, and pick indigenous ingredients from the Academy’s herb and spice garden. Daily, Monday–Sunday
Participate in the educational journey on the Entertain U(niversity) online home on Taste by Four Seasons and follow the #FSEntertainU hashtag on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to uncover the schedule of expert-led classes, take a peek at the most extraordinary Four Seasons event venues and discover tips of the trade from Four Seasons culinary and event experts.