Carlos Rolón/Dzine Unveiled New Artwork in Celebration of Newly Renovated Store at EXPO CHICAGO, Thursday, September 17, 2015
Tiffany & Co. unveiled its newly designed store at 730 North Michigan Avenue in celebration of its upcoming 50th anniversary in Chicago. Visitors will now enter a modern and luxurious environment sparkling with the diamonds for which Tiffany has been known for more than 175 years.
“The corner of Michigan Avenue and Superior Street, where the Tiffany store resides, is at the heart of Chicago’s famous shopping boulevard,” said Tiffany vice president Cathy Elward. “The major redesign we’ve made to our store reinforces the importance of our commitment to the Chicago market, as well as our wish to better serve current and prospective clients and tourists.”
Exquisite stones are arrayed in engagement rings—the ultimate symbols of true love—and jewels with rare colored diamonds, including Tiffany Yellow Diamonds. Beauty shines too in the bejeweled masterpieces of Jean Schlumberger, sculptural jewelry of Elsa Peretti and the colorful collections of Paloma Picasso—Tiffany’s exclusive designers. Customers will also discover new interpretations of Tiffany Victoria™, Tiffany Bow and Tiffany Infinity—signature collections reimagined by design director Francesca Amfitheatrof to be worn alone or in dazzling multiples.
The two-story granite façade is inspired by the Fifth Avenue flagship and has been reinvigorated with awnings in the company’s signature Tiffany Blue. Now a Tiffany icon, the store’s original Atlas clock—a nine-foot figure of the mythic Greek god holding a clock overhead—presides above the entrance, welcoming all who enter. The approximately 10,100-square-foot store, an increase of 1,400 square feet, features a dedicated Tiffany Watch Salon—the first of its kind in the Americas—as well as an outstanding five private sales salons. A Tiffany & Co. gold watch given to U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1945, which inspired the recently introduced Tiffany CT60 watch, will be on display for a limited time through October 13.
To commemorate the renovation of the Michigan Avenue store and further its commitment to the Chicago community in which it has had a presence for what will be fifty years in 2016, Tiffany has commissioned original artwork by local yet internationally renowned artist Carlos Rolón/Dzine. The work, Inner Shining (Tiffany Yellow), will be sold with one hundred percent of the proceeds donated to the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art’s Teen Creative Agency program. Inspired by the cuts of Tiffany diamonds, Inner Shining (Tiffany Yellow) will be on display at EXPO CHICAGO, The International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art September 17–20, following its unveiling at a private ceremony at the Michigan Avenue store.
“Through our partnership with Carlos Rolón/Dzine, the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art and EXPO CHICAGO, Tiffany has created a dynamic way to share our beautifully designed new store with the community as we look ahead to celebrating Tiffany’s 50th anniversary in Chicago next year,” added Elward.
Tiffany is the internationally renowned jeweler founded in New York in 1837. Through its subsidiaries, Tiffany & Co. manufactures products and operates TIFFANY & CO. retail stores worldwide, and also engages in direct selling through Internet, catalog and business gift operations. For additional information, please visit Tiffany.com.