MARC FISHER LTD announces the first group of real women role models nominated for the brand’s launch of the #MAKEYOURMARC program. The #MAKEYOURMARC platform recognizes and brings financial support to real women who are making a ‘marc’ in their communities. (Video here.) Women can nominate themselves or a woman who inspires them through makeyourmarc.marcfisherfootwear.com/nominate. Nominees will be selected throughout the year to be awarded grants to support their efforts and MARC FISHER LTD will share their stories on the brand’s website and social channels to raise awareness for their inspiring work.
“#MAKEYOURMARC allows me to align my passion with a greater purpose,” says founder and CEO Marc Fisher about the campaign. “It will celebrate and bring financial contribution to incredible women of style and purpose. These women are striving to positively impact actions & opinions of those around them and act as a catalyst for change.”
MARC FISHER LTD has identified the following #MAKEYOURMARC nominees:
- Amanda Steinberg – Founder of DailyWorth, the leading financial media company for women
- Christina Lewis Halpern – Founder of All Star Code, an organization whose mission is to close the opportunity gap between young men of color and the tech industry
- Julia Fehrenbach – Cofounder of Building Blocks for Change, a sustainable construction arm for international aid
- Maya Nussbaum – Founder of Girls Write Now, New York’s first and only writing and mentoring organization for girls, and one of the nation’s top after school programs
- Rebecca Garcia – Cofounder of CoderDojo NYC, a non-profit program teaching youth to code
- Rupa Mehta – Founder of the Nalini Method fitness studio and NaliniKIDS, a groundbreaking program improving the emotional and physical health of New York City school students
- Tammy Tibbets – President and Founder of She’s the First, a charity that focuses on providing secondary education to girls in developing countries who will be the first in their families to finish secondary education
- Topaz Page–Green – Founder of The Lunchbox Fund, a non-profit organization that provides nutritionally fortified meals to orphaned and at-risk school students across South Africa
Joining this group of women are additional celebrated nominees including Brittany Bergquist (Cell Phones for Soldiers), Jill Harlan (That’s What She Said), Veronika Scott (The Empowerment Plan), and Angela Walker Patton (Girls For A Change).
Know Someone Who Is Dedicated To Helping Others? Passionate about making positive change? Nominate yourself or a woman who inspires you at makeyourmarc.marcfisherfootwear.com/nominate. Marc is looking to celebrate and bring financial contribution to women who are making their ‘marc’ across community, education, arts, human rights, health, technology, philanthropy and volunteerism.
You can join the company by using the hashtag #MAKEYOURMARC on Instagram and Twitter. For each use of the #MAKEYOURMARC hashtag, Marc Fisher will donate $1 to Karlie Kloss’s Kode with Karlie, an organization dedicated to inspiring young women to get excited about coding.
You can also #MAKEYOURMARC in shoes that make change. Shop brand ambassador, Karlie Kloss’s, favorite styles and for every purchase $20 will be donated to directly to Kode With Karlie.
MARC FISHER LTD, which launched online at www.marcfisherfootwear.com on August 25th, is Marc’s first venture into a fully-curated, namesake collection focused on timeless style and effortless modern design. As Marc defines his legacy, he is doing so by supporting women who are doing the same. His philosophy around work and life has always been about making his ‘marc’ one pair of shoes at a time. In debuting the #MAKEYOURMARC initiative simultaneously, Fisher is honored to support the very women who have inspired him throughout his 35 years in the footwear industry.