Make Some Noise will Feature Inspiring Conversations with Laura Dern, Rosario Dawson, Jenna Bush Hager, and More! Plus Music by Atlantic Records Group
Neiman Marcus returns to Austin with its second annual Make Some Noise brand platform activation celebrating women on the rise, women making a difference, and women shaking up the status quo to lead the way forward for their generation and all the ones to come. The Neiman Marcus Make Some Noise campaign was launched in 2014 to inspire women to be bold and make the most of their potential. Over the next three years, the campaign’s goal is to embody Make Some Noise in every facet of Neiman Marcus’ business from e-commerce to social platforms, from stores to merchant teams, and everything in between.
Following the success of the official launch of Make Some Noise last year, which featured two of the top fifty shows of SXSW according to Rolling Stone, the three-day activation running from March 18 to 20 at 78 Rainey Street will once again feature thought-provoking panel discussions with female noisemakers in technology, fashion, film, music, food, art, and business. Each day will be capped off with live music from Atlantic Records Group and its affiliated labels, curated by one of the most influential women in music, Julie Greenwald, Chairman and COO of Atlantic Records Group.
“For over 100 years, Neiman Marcus has dressed women of style; and style breeds confidence. But more so, for today’s woman, it’s a combination of style and substance that is propelling them to succeed in groundbreaking ways,” said Wanda Gierhart, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Neiman Marcus Group. “Over the next three years, our goal is to embody Make Some Noise in every facet of our business using brand activations at key cultural moments. With trailblazing female panelists talking about their success, the hottest emerging musicians, and a roster of supportive partners, we want to inspire all women to join in, use their voices and make some noise in their own lives.”
The Make Some Noise activation begins with a housewarming party on Wednesday, March 18, and then kicks into high gear on Thursday, March 19 and Friday, March 20 with an exciting lineup including the following:
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18
• Musical performances by Grammy Award-winning artist Jess Glynne and New York-based dance duo The Knocks
• Ice cream demo from Natasha Case, co-founder of Coolhaus
• Live mural painting by local Austin artist Zuzu Perkal
• DJ set from NY-based Jilly Hendrix
THURSDAY, MARCH 19
• An intimate conversation with actress, advocate, and activist Freida Pinto
• A captivating panel discussion, Women Writing Their Own Story: Gender in Media, featuring Jenna Bush Hager, NBC’s Today contributing correspondent; Shiza Shahid, co-founder and global ambassador of the Malala Fund; Dyllan McGee, founder of McGee Media and founder & executive producer of MAKERS; and moderated by Katherine Keating, CEO and executive producer at Keating Company International
• A special performance from singer/songwriter, TED speaker, and philanthropist Gracie Schram
• Music handpicked by Atlantic Records Group will include Grammy Award-winning international phenomenon Clean Bandit; Night Terrors of 1927; Kaleo; Anderson East; and Max Frost, an Austin native who was recently named one of Rolling Stone and NPR’s “10 Artists You Need To Know”
FRIDAY, MARCH 20
• A one-on-one conversation with the two-time Academy Award-nominated actress and humanitarian Laura Dern
• An engaging panel discussion, Breaking Out: The New Roles for Women, featuring Katie Lee, chef, author and co-host of Food Network’s The Kitchen; Rebecca Minkoff, designer and business woman; Lizzy Plapinger, MS MR and co-owner/founder of Neon Gold Records; and moderated by Audrey Gelman, political and brand communications consultant
• An exclusive chat with actress and philanthropist Rosario Dawson
• Music handpicked by Atlantic Records Group will include acclaimed UK singer/songwriter Marina and the Diamonds; Milo Greene, whose sophomore album has received over 1.9 million streams to date; Melanie Martinez; Christine and The Queens; and Australian breakout artist Meg Mac
Each room of the Make Some Noise house will provide opportunities to be inspired through technology, music, food, art, and fashion. Guests will interact with multiple art elements in the house including a user-generated pointillism mural reflecting the essence of Make Some Noise; a cascading wall of ribbons printed with inspiring phrases that guests can grab and wear as a bracelet; a slo-mo video booth for fun Instagrammable moments; and Paint Some Noise, a video paint interactive installation, created by Sweatshoppe, on the exterior of the house that allows guests to use LED “paint rollers” to reveal layers of new content, including upcoming panelists and music lineups, as if guests are painting each image.
The house will also feature a shoppable showroom empowered by Visa Checkout, which lets visitors digitally purchase fashion, accessory, and beauty items from specially curated festival vignettes by Neiman Marcus. Visa Checkout helps streamline consumers’ purchases throughout the house, and around the world, in just a few clicks via the Neiman Marcus ‘Festival Boutique’ at www.NeimanMarcus.com/shopmakesomenoise. Furthermore, guests will enjoy listening stations dedicated to women who rock with headphones provided by B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen; guitars & amplifiers by Fender Musical Instruments; Makeup Artistry by Kevyn Aucoin Pro Team; and specialty cocktails from Baileys and CÎROC Vodka.
The Make Some Noise activation will be located at 78 Rainey Street and open to the public with an RSVP on Wednesday, March 18, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Thursday, March 19 and Friday, March 20 from noon to 8:00 p.m. To RSVP, please visit www.NeimanMarcus.com/MakeSomeNoise. Attendees are encouraged to share their unique, colorful, and inspiring experience via myriad social channels using the dedicated hashtag #NMMakeSomeNoise.