Today is National Margarita Day, as well as the end of one of the longest awards seasons in recent history. Now, whether you like it frozen or on the rocks, it is the perfect time to celebrate everyone’s favorite tequila cocktail. National Margarita Day, an “unofficial” national holiday, is claimed to have been founded by a few dozen bartenders, so it is difficult to trace its exact origin. Usually served in a salted rim glass and known to be the most common tequila-based cocktail served in the United States, the margarita is a cocktail that consists of tequila, triple sec and lime or lemon juice.
And although Valentine’s Day is gone and past for this year, it’s never too late for chocolate. The following recipes combines two of most everyone’s favorite things – margaritas and chocolate – for some chocolate-inspired recipes with a Sauza® Tequila twist! Better yet, you can celebrate with Sauza Tequila every day with these recipes and others at https://us.sauzatequila.com/ladies-night-in/margarita-recipes
Chocolate Chip Margarita
- 1 part Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 part JDK & Sons Crave® Chocolate Chili Liqueur
- ¾ part half and half
- 1 glass of ice (for shaking)
- 5-10 chocolate chips for garnish
Preparation: In a shaker filled with ice combine Sauza® Blue Silver, Crave Chocolate Chili, and half and half. Shake until chilled. Strain into martini glasses. Garnish with chocolate chips.
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER MARGARITA
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Margarita
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper® Buttershots
- 8 parts chocolate ice cream
- 2 parts milk
- ¼ part creamy peanut butter
- Chocolate sauce (to rim glass)
- Peanut butter (to rim glass)
Preparation: Rim cocktail glass with half creamy peanut butter and half chocolate sauce by running the edge of the glass through plates with each. In a blender combine chocolate ice cream, milk, peanut butter, tequila and butterscotch liquor. Blend until smooth. Pour drink into prepared glass and enjoy!
Chocolate Raspberry Margarita
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz
- 6 parts chocolate milk
- 2 dashes of Taza® Chocolate Mexicano Extract
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Raspberry (for garnish)
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain the mixture into a martini glass rimmed with chocolate shavings. Garnish with a raspberry and enjoy.