The countdown is on. 2015 is right around the corner and in the Entertainment Capital of the World, there’s no shortage of ways to celebrate. While Las Vegas has all the usual NYE suspects, why not consider some new ways to bring in the New Year, like eating 23-karat gold flecked lasagna or kicking off 2015 with Justin Timberlake? So, how should you celebrate New Year’s Eve in Sin City? Here are 10 ideas:
Top 10 Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas (PRNewsFoto/MGM Resorts International)
10. Taste the decadence. Say adieu to 2014 at The Mirage with Portofino‘s White Diamond truffle and 23-karat gold flaked lasagna. The $100 “Diamond and Gold” Lasagna tantalizes taste buds with layers of pasta stuffed with porcini mushrooms, Iberico ham, Prosciutto di Parma, 24-month-aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, buffalo mozzarella and Kobe Bolognese. This luxurious creation is finished with foie gras-infused Alfredo sauce.
9. Dance the year away. If confetti blasts and partying like a rock star are more your style, check out the top headliners at the finest nightclubs in the world. Calvin Harris with Eva Shaw & Burns will headline a special New Year’s Eve set at Hakkasan at MGM Grand. Alesso will drop beats at LIGHT at Mandalay Bay and The Bank at Bellagio will feature an exclusive live performance by Trey Songz.
8. Party with Macklemore. If you’re donning your latest thrift shop finds this New Year’s Eve, 1OAK at The Mirage is the place to be, as Grammy Award-winning hip-hop duo Macklemore and Ryan Lewis take the stage to perform hits like “Thrift Shop” and “Same Love.”
7. Go out with a bang. Fireworks light up the sky along Las Vegas Boulevard at midnight so it’s crucial to find a good vantage point well ahead of time. miX Lounge at Delano Las Vegas boasts an outdoor patio and floor-to-ceiling windows facing The Strip. You won’t miss a single burst with this epic view.
6. Catch the water works. Water and fire usually don’t play well together, but on New Year’s Eve on The Strip, it might be the best mash-up yet! Using dramatic music, water and light, The Fountains of Bellagio soar up to 460 feet in beautifully choreographed synchronization. With the glimmering fireworks in the background and the waterworks right in front of you, the combination makes for one stunning sight!
5. Pig out. Steak is so 2014; celebrate the start of 2015 at Monte Carlo’s Yusho with a whole pig’s head. Cooked for a full 24 hours and served with a plethora of Japanese fixings like stuffed buns, cabbage kimchi and bowls of ramen, this will be a New Year’s Eve dinner you won’t soon forget. Just be sure to order at least a full day in advance.
4. Paint the town gold.Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino will transform into a golden wonderland, complete with elaborate gold-themed accents, lavish culinary selections, incredible cocktails and more. The masquerade-style affair encourages guests to welcome 2015 in an exuberant environment. The party continues with chart-toppers Maroon 5 as they take over the Mandalay Bay Events Center for two special performances December 30 and 31.
3. Beef up your new year. Ring in the New Year with the most indulgent burger experience on The Strip – the legendary FleurBurger 5000 from celebrated chef Hubert Keller of Fleur at Mandalay Bay. The foie gras and black truffle-topped Kobe burger is accompanied by a bottle of Chateau Petrus 1995 poured in Ichendorf Brunello stemware, imported from Italy. After the meal, Fleur will ship the glasses to your home along with a personal note from Chef Keller. All this decadence for the price of $5,000!
2. Cure your hangover. Hangovers are all too common come New Year’s Day. Luckily, Vegas has as many hangover cures as ways to incur said hangover. Developed by a group of experienced emergency room physicians, REVIV, located at The Underground at MGM Grand, features a wide range of intravenous and vitamin therapies to combat hangovers including three different types of IV therapies. If the “hair of the dog” cure is more your style, check out the Instagram-worthy Bloody Mary at Todd English P.U.B. inside The Shops at Crystals, where a cart is rolled tableside and guests select from an insane amount of garnishes including a bacon cheeseburger slider, a chicken wing, shrimp and a mini corn dog.
1. Put on your suit and tie. In Vegas, the party doesn’t end at the stroke of midnight. This year, continue your celebration of a fresh start, a new year and a new day with none other than Justin Timberlake, who will close out his 20/20 Experience World Tour January 1 and 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.