Now through October 31, 2014, a little pink does a lot of good. Lands’ End is introducing the Pink Thread Project, a charitable campaign created to help raise awareness for Breastcancer.org the leading online resource for breast health and breast cancer information and support. Breastcancer.org is the leading resource for breast health and breast cancer information and support, with more than 7,000 pages of expert-reviewed information and a robust, dynamic peer support community. A nonprofit organization, Breastcancer.org receives more than 15 million visits each year.
By simply ordering and applying one of six pink thread icons on any Lands’ End item that can be embroidered – from totes and towels to cardigans and shirts – a full 75 percent of the $6.00 embroidery application fee will be donated to Breastcancer.org. Supporters can take part in the Pink Thread Project initiative from September 19 through October 31, 2014. To learn more visitlandsend.com/pinkthread.
“Lands’ End’s ongoing support of breast cancer survivors led to the partnership and development of the Pink Thread Project, a simple way anyone can show support, and enables us to continue to provide our online resource to the millions of people we serve each year,” said Rita Lusen, VP of partnerships and development at Breastcancer.org. “As a breast cancer survivor, I always wanted a fashionable mastectomy swimwear solution and Lands’ End delivered. For many women who have had this life-altering surgery, like those in our Breastcancer.org Community, having an option that addresses their style needs is really important.”
“We all share a common thread of support when it comes to breast cancer. It either affects us personally or through family, friends and colleagues. The Pink Thread Project is a simple way for anyone to help elevate awareness and show their support for Breastcancer.org,” said Michele Donnan-Martin, chief merchandising design officer, Lands’ End. “Whether it’s a pink lighthouse on the cuff of a men’s oxford shirt or the classic pink ribbon on a Lands’ End tote, a little pink truly does a lot of good.”
The curated collection of six pink icons includes the Lands’ End anchorgram and lighthouse logos, the Breastcancer.org Circle of Trust logo, the pink ribbon and a classic sailboat and compass icon.
Additional Pink Thread Project Initiatives
Throughout the month of October, other Lands’ End initiatives to support the Pink Thread Project include:
- Landsend.com Goes Pink – On October 1, 2014, landsend.com will feature a pink logo and banners on the company’s home page in solidarity and support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Share Your #PinkThread – Through the month of October, supporters can share a photo/image of who or what their “Pink Thread” is in their life on Facebook (facebook.com/landsend), Twitter (@LandsEnd) and Instagram (@LandsEnd). Lands’ End will donate $1 to Breastcancer.org for each photo posted (up to $10,000) using the hashtag #PinkThread.
- Pink Thread Project Women’s Swim Tee – Lands’ End will also offer an exclusive women’s Swim Tee in pink with $5 of every purchase benefitting Breastcancer.org. This pink tee can also be embroidered with a Pink Thread icon and 75 percent of the application fee will also be donated.
- Lands’ End Pink in Stores – During the month of October, Lands’ End will donate 10% of the purchase price of all fall/winter pink women’s apparel and accessory items sold in Lands’ End Shops at Sears and Lands’ End Full Price Stores to Breastcancer.org.
- Lands’ End Business Outfitters – The business division of Lands’ End is also taking part in the Pink Thread Project. Now through the month of October, 5% of the purchase price of a select assortment of customized pink apparel and promotional items will be donated to Breastcancer.org. Items can be found at http://business.landsend.com/pink.