“Breaking Bad” And “Orange Is The New Black” Win Television Nods
The International Press Academy announces its official winners for the 18th Annual Satellite™ Awards honoring Film, Television, Blu-ray DVDs, and Video Games
The International Press Academy (IPA) today announced the winners for the 18th Annual Satellite™ Awards. “12 Years a Slave” received Motion Picture and Director honors, while “Dallas Buyers Club‘s” Matthew McConaughey won for Actor in a Motion Picture along with Actor in a Supporting Role winner Jared Leto. The IPA selected Cate Blanchett as Actress in a Motion Picture, and June Squibb as Actress in a Supporting Role.
The International Press Academy (IPA) is a global association of professional entertainment journalists representing a multitude of print, broadcast, and digital media outlets. FEDEORA, The Federation of European and Mediterranean Film Critics, joined the IPA in 2011, extending the IPA’s membership of foreign and domestic correspondents, whose markets reach millions worldwide via print, television, radio, and the internet.
Topping the television award winners were “Breaking Bad” and “Orange is the New Black.” Bryan Cranston won for Best Actor, Drama, and Taylor Schilling received a nod for Best Actress, Comedy or Musical.
In a gala ceremony, the 18th Annual Satellite™ Awards celebrated the distinguished accomplishments of artists in thirty-eight categories, and also paid tribute to its Special Achievement honorees, Mike Medavoy (Mary Pickford Award), Garrett Brown (Tesla Award), Guillermo del Toro (Auteur Award), Gabrielle Tana (Independent Producer of the Year Award), and Ryan Coogler (Honorary Satellite Award).
Other honorees include, “Nebraska,” Motion Picture, Ensemble Award; “Orange is the New Black,” Television, Ensemble Award, Michael B. Jordan, Breakthrough Performance Award, and Sophie Nelisse, Breakthrough Performance Award.
The categories and winners for the 18th Annual Satellite™ Awards are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL PRESS ACADEMY 2013 Winners – 18th ANNUAL SATELLITE™ AWARDS
February 23, 2014
1. Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
*Cate Blanchett Blue Jasmine Sony Pictures Classics
2. Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
*Matthew McConaughey Dallas Buyers Club Focus Features
3. Actress in a Supporting Role
*June Squibb Nebraska Paramount
4. Actor in a Supporting Role
*Jared Leto Dallas Buyers Club Focus Features
5. Motion Picture
*12 Years a Slave Fox Searchlight
6. Motion Picture, International Film
*The Broken Circle Breakdown Belgium
7. Motion Picture, Animated or Mix Media
*The Wind Rises Studio Ghibli
8. Motion Picture, Documentary
*Blackfish Magnolia Pictures
*Steve McQueen 12 Years a Slave Fox Searchlight
10. Screenplay, Original
*David O. Russell, Eric Singer American Hustle Sony
11. Screenplay, Adapted
*Steve Coogan, Jeff Pope Philomena The Weinstein Company
12. Original Score
*Steven Price Gravity Warner Bros.
13. Original Song
*Young and Beautiful The Great Gatsby Warner Bros.
*Bruno Delbonnel Inside Llewyn Davis CBS Films
15. Visual Effects
*Tim Webber, David Shirk, Chris Lawrence, and Gravity Warner Bros.
16. Film Editing
*Jay Cassidy, Crispin Struthers, and Alan Baumgarten American Hustle Sony
17. Sound (Editing and Mixing)
*Glenn Freemantle, Chris Munro, Niv Adiri, Gravity Warner Bros.
Skip Lievsay, and Christopher Benstead
18. Art Direction and Production Design
*Catherine Martin and Beverly Dunn The Great Gatsby Warner Bros.
19. Costume Design
*Michael O’Connor The Invisible Woman Sony Pictures Classics
20. Miniseries / Motion Picture Made for Television
*Dancing on the Edge Starz
21. Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television
*Elisabeth Moss Top of the Lake Sundance Channel
22. Actor in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television
*Michael Douglas Behind the Candelabra HBO
23. Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
*Laura Prepon Orange is the New Black Netflix
24. Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
*Aaron Paul Breaking Bad AMC
25. Television Series, Drama
*Breaking Bad AMC
26. Television Series or Miniseries, Genre
*Game of Thrones HBO
27. Actress in a Series, Drama
*Robin Wright House of Cards Netflix
28. Actor in a Series, Drama
*Bryan Cranston Breaking Bad AMC
29. Television Series, Comedy or Musical
*Orange is the New Black Netflix
30. Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical
*Taylor Schilling Orange is the New Black Netflix
31. Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical
*John Goodman Alpha House Amazon Studios
32. Original Short-Format Program
* #JustSaying (#SamoKazem) Tuna Fish Studio
33. Best Overall
*Star Trek Into Darkness Paramount
*Rise of the Guardians Paramount, DreamWorks Animation
35. Outstanding Action / Adventure
*Battlefield 4 DICE
36. Outstanding Mobile Game
37. Outstanding Role Playing Game
*Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Level 5, Studio Ghibli
38. Outstanding Sports / Racing Game
*Need for Speed Rivals Ghost Games, Electronic Arts