Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating the people around you. The following recipes are the icing on the cake for making your day extra special.
PENNE PASTA WITH PINE NUTS (Courtesy of IBERIA**)
16 ounces of penne pasta
2 cloves of grated garlic
1 cup of Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of oregano
¼ cup of grated Romano or parmesan cheese
1 ounce of pine nuts sautéed in Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of salt to boil the pasta
1 tablespoon of Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil to boil the pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
Boil 2 liters of water with a teaspoon of salt and olive oil, then add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and add grated garlic, oregano, cheese, pine nuts and salt/pepper to taste. Prior to serving, add the cup of Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Simple and delicious!
BISTROMD’S GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED GARLIC VELOUTE SAUCE
Ingredients (makes Recipe: Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Veloute Sauce 4 servings):
For the chicken:
4 5oz chicken breast fillets
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. dried oregano
For the sauce:
1 ½ cups chicken broth
½ cup white wine
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. corn starch
1 tbsp. water
Pinch of white pepper
1. In a bowl, marinate the chicken with the spices and then set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up your grill to a medium-high heat and place the chicken on the grill with the skin side down and mark for about 3 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350’F and place the grilled chicken on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. In a sauce pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the chopped garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
5. Add the wine, chicken stock and white pepper and then bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add the corn starch with the water and allow the sauce to thicken.
6. Cook for 1 more minute and remove from the stove and serve over chicken for a delicious and hearty meal.
CARRINGTON FARMS SEARED RACK OF LAMB IN COCONUT OIL WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
1/4 cup rosemary
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
6 lamb rib chops
2 tablespoons of Carrington Farms coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to bake at 400.
2. In a mini food processor, pulse the rosemary and garlic until finely minced.
3. In a small skillet, sauté the rosemary and garlic in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil until soft. Set aside.
4. Rinse rack of lamb under cool water.
5. Pat dry on either side with a paper towel.
6. Heat an oven safe skillet over medium high heat, adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan.
7. Salt and pepper to taste both sides of the rack of lamb.
8. Sear rack 2 minutes per side starting with the meat side down.
9. Top chops with garlic and rosemary, and place in the oven.
10. Bake for 5-15 minutes depending on desired doneness, remove from oven and serve.
ORANGE CITRUS MARTINI (Courtesy of IMUSA)
Cointreau or orange liqueur
London dry gin
Sugar for rim
1. In a shaker with ice, mix the juice of half an orange, ½ shot of lemon juice, ½ shot of orange liqueur and 1 shot of gin.
2. Shake well and serve in a martini glass rimmed with sugar
CARRINGTON CHIA-TINI MOCKTAIL
10 oz water
2 tbsp Carrington Farms Chia Seeds
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
3 oz pomegranate juice
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of dry chia seeds with 10 ounces of water in a small glass or bowl.
2. Stir the mixture gently with a spoon to keep the seeds from clumping together.
3. Allow the mixture to stand for about 10 minutes until they form a gel.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice and 3 ounces of fresh pomegranate juice, swirl until combined.
Suerte Sparkle Punch
1 bottle Blanco
7 oz Becherovka
26 oz Orange juice
1 bottle of Lambrusco or other sparkling wine.
Pour all ingredients into a punch bowl and enjoy with your guests.
Pro tip #1: Refrigerate all ingredients for several hours to help keep punch cold. Place an ice ring or large chunk of block ice in the punch bowl to keep it cool for guests.
Pro Tip #2: Add sparkling wine just before you’re ready to serve.
2 oz Reposado
1/2 oz Pur Spice Blood Orange Liqueur
1/2 oz Ruby Port
1/2 oz Punt E Mes
Muddle a couple of orange peels in the bottom of a mixing glass.
Stir ingredients with ice and the peels to chill and dilute.
Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass.
Garnish with an orange peel threaded around two Lounge Attire cocktail cranberries.
2 oz Blanco
1/2 oz Oloroso Sherry
1/2 oz honey syrup (1:1)
1-1/2 oz Orange Juice
2 dashes peychauds bitters
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice
Garnish with an orange half wheel dusted with sugar and soaked in Peychauds bitters.
**Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil and hand-selected, harvested olives processed in Spain. The Spanish olives used are extracted using a “first cold press” process, which provides the rich aroma and flavor quality – ideal for using on salads, pasta, fish, meat dishes and marinades. Available at select retailers including Walmart for $2.49 / 8.5 oz; $6.29 / 25.5 oz; $5.79 / 34 oz; $8.69 / 51 oz. For more information, visit www.iberiafoods.com
***www.bistroMD is the leading diet delivery program that provides the freshest, best tasting, and most nutritious meals. bistroMD was created by a doctor (Dr. Cederquist, MD), who believes that food is medicine, and as such, bistroMD offers a variety of meal delivery programs targeting specific health needs such as weight loss, diabetes, hypertension, menopause, post-baby weight, gluten allergies, and more.