Sedona, Arizona, known for iconic red rock formations, four mild seasons, mouth-watering cuisine and wine, and brilliant works of art; is now known as a destination perfect for man’s best friend. Dog owners will rejoice to learn that Sedona provides countless pet friendly lodging options, shopping opportunities, eateries, and even tours which allow pets to ride for free.
10Best (www.10best.cm) assembled an expert panel to choose their top pet friendly hotels across the nation; then asked USA Today readers to vote on their favorites.
Here is the full list of winners for Best Pet Friendly Hotel:
- El Portal Sedona Hotel – Sedona, AZ
- Red Mountain Resort – St. George, UT
- The Benjamin – New York City, NY
- Fairmont – Washington, DC
- Hotel Monaco – Alexandria, VA
- W Hotel Midtown – Atlanta, GA
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort – San Diego, CA
- The Little Nell – Aspen, CO
- The Loden – Vancouver, Canada
- Galleria Park Hotel – San Francisco, CA
- Provincetown, Massachusetts
Read what the experts at USA Today have to say about El Portal Sedona Hotel:
“Furry friends accompany 70% of the guests who check in to El Portal Sedona Hotel, built by a pet lover with dogs in mind. Fenced yards on the bottom floor give Rover room to romp. The dog-themed bath towel to dry him after a dip in one of Sedona’s swimming holes or rinse following a hike in Red Rock country is a nice touch. Plus, the staff pet sits for free, and even feeds and walks guests’ dogs.”
Go to http://www.VisitSedona.com to plan your Sedona get-away with your companion.