NESCAFE® Dolce Gusto®, known for its design-conscious line of at-home coffee machines, is giving new meaning to the fashion phrase “Fall Collection” with the September introduction of its first couture Dolce Gusto Genio machine, designed by iconic Italian label Fiorucci. The avant-garde collaboration between the two distinctive brands was a match made in heaven, pairing the unconventional brainchild from global coffee leader Nestle® NESCAFE with the outgoing and original design house known for its artistic flair and fun with fashion. The stylish single-serve gadget ushers in a new trend in kitchen appliances, saying goodbye to the boring black boxes featured on so many countertops across the country. Even if you don’t have a lot of counter space, you can enjoy a gourmet-style coffee made to order with our technologically advanced Genio®.
Fiorucci (www.fiorucci.it) is an Italian brand with an outgoing and unmistakable style that has left its mark in the history of Italian fashion and the world over the last forty five years. For over four decades Fiorucci has been setting trends with provocative and colorful designs, infused with a young and unconventional style. In 1967 Fiorucci opened its first shop in Milan and then others followed in London, Paris, New York and Los Angeles. In the 1990s, Fiorucci was acquired by the Japanese Edwin Company Ltd., a leader in jeans made in Japan, beginning a diversification strategy of the brand through numerous licenses in Italy and in the world. Their unique perspective on the art of fashion is now expressed through the bold new NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Genio machine, adding a dose of color and creativity to kitchens nationwide.
The newest addition to the NESCAFE Dolce Gusto line features espresso technology and was crafted with love – literally- featuring the words “LOVE IS THE MESSAGE” on one side, and a pop art image of a man and woman intertwined in a passionate kiss on the other. And like any great relationship, Fiorucci’s bold design personality and Dolce Gusto’s innovative technology are coming together with a common goal – to bring the art of coffee back into the home.
“Love is a reoccurring theme in Fiorucci designs and can be seen in many of our pieces,” said Edouard Obringer, Fiorucci Design Office. “We know coffee lovers are passionate about the way they take their cup, and we wanted to harness that emotion in a fun and unique way for NESCAFE Dolce Gusto. For the Genio, we drew inspiration from great artists throughout time, who have also used love as a strong message in their designs.”
NESCAFE Dolce Gusto single-serve coffee machines (www.dolce-gusto.us) are a global brand in the Nestle family and are manufactured under the De’Longhi brand. First making their debut in 2008, the collection now features five standout designs: the Genio, Piccolo, Circolo, Melody and the Esperta. Equipped with 15 bars of pressure and espresso technology, Dolce Gusto brews up to 16 hot and cold coffee house quality beverages. Beverages feature NESCAFE coffee – the most popular coffee brand in the world with over 4,500 cups consumed every second.
“As a brand that is raising the bar in the single-cup coffee category, it is important that we continue to find new ways to push the envelope of creativity that excites our coffee-loving customers,” says Kim Cooper, Director, NESCAFE Dolce Gusto. “Through this bold new partnership with cutting-edge Fiorucci, we are very proud to have developed a kitchen appliance that can truly be considered a work of art.”
Yummy drinks come in small packages:
- No mess, No fuss. Everything you need to make hot or cold drinks are contained in our easy-to-use capsules
- The customizable scroll control puts you in charge, so that you can customize your coffee’s strength and mixture (for multi-capsule drinks). We will always provide you with our favorite settings for each capsule, but feel free to experiment and see what you like best!
- Ideal for kitchenettes, cubicles, dorm rooms or anywhere else where saving space is important
- The technologically advanced machines and precisely designed flavor capsules combine to give the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® a professional-level 15-bar pressure system (similar to coffeehouse machines) which helps to ensure that every cup is perfect with a foamy froth, rich créma and luxurious flavor
- The exclusive Thermoblock technology heats the water fresh every time, in less than one minute
- NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® uses only the highest quality ingredients – featuring only 100% Arabica, rich chocolate and foamy milk
- Stylish and sleek design that will stand out on any kitchen counter
- Energy Saving automatic switch off
Like all machines in the NESCAFE Dolce Gusto collection, the new limited edition Genio machine has 15 bars of pressure – comparable to those used professionally at coffee shops – and 16 different hot and cold beverage options. Now you can sip in style. The Fiorucci Dolce Gusto® Genio machine (SRP $139.99) will be available online for a limited time at www.dolce-gusto.us starting this month.