The 85th Academy Awards was a successful failure: It was, intermittently trite, boring, awkwardly unfunny, occasionally on-point, and has far too many infuriating dead spots. Watching this thing was like undergoing a root canal. The question I have to ask is: Who do I talk to about getting back those precious four hours of my life? The only saving grace was the red carpet arrivals. Here, no one was totally inappropriate a la Bjork but as Eric Wilson of The New York Times wrote, it was a lot of strapless gowns and men in great fitting tuxedos. Here are my favorites:
Daily Archives: February 25, 2013
The Morning After: Get The Look With GEORGE KOTSIOPOULOS
GEORGE KOTSIOPOULOS of E!’S FASHION POLICE worked the 85TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS RED CARPET yesterday; and appeared ready as ever for his close up. Here, George tells us how to get his look for the Oscar’s:
“During awards season, I’m out there on the red carpet all day. I’m really choosy about the products I use, because I can’t step off
the red carpet and touch up my look halfway through the day. To make sure my hair stays put, I use GO 24/7 TEXTURE PASTE ($15.95: www.GO247men.com) for just the right amount of hold without that stiff look.”
To Get George’s Hair:
- Start with clean air-dried hair.
- Then using the lightweight GO 24/7 TEXTURE PASTE ($15.95: www.GO247men.com) take a small quarter size dollop and rub in between hands to evenly coat.
- Apply the GO 24/7 Texture Paste throughout, manipulating it to an effortless and worn in look with a bit of texture.
- Finish off with a spritz of the GO 24/7 CONTROL SPRAY ($19.95: GO247men.com) that provides a light hold.
“I know my red carpet look is complete when I’ve managed to achieve just the right amount of stubble. I walk a very fine line
because taking it close is a no-no but if it’s too much, you look sloppy. The Conair iStubble makes getting the precise effect fast, without irritation and completely effortless“.
To Achieve George’s Complexion and Smooth Beard:
- Be sure to shave 2-3 days before any big event.
- On the day of the event, use Conair’s iStubble ($50: Target.com) to evenly trim beard to desired thickness.
- Finish off by applying the GO 24/7 Face Moisturizer ($18.95: GO247men.com).
“When it comes to prepping for the red carpet, being camera-ready is key. That means no bags under your eyes, no wrinkles and well-groomed facial hair. I use GO 24/7 FACE MOISTURIZER ($18.95: www.GO247men.com) to make sure my skin looks even and smooth on and off camera.”